Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

SHARP 515nm laser diode GH05130B2G

paul1598419

You sure have had your share of bad luck. I take it you only have one DMM. I have four. I'm not sure what you did that preceded the laser failing so I can't say if it is something you did. Anyway, I hope you are able to replace it.

By the way ,I haven't see people around here testing the SLD3232VF ,I got four of them.I will open the thread in violet laser soon .Also If I order the replacement diode,I will make a update here.

Its seem sharp is developing the later version of 520nm green laser diode Link

The left side is GH05130B2G and the right side is GH0521DA2G. I cant find any information about this diode ,may be in developing progress. "A comparison between Sharp's new and previous green-light laser diodes. The newly-developed product with a wavelength of 520nm and an output of 130mW (right) and an existing laser diode with a wavelength of 515nm and an output of 30mW (left). The light from the left diode is slightly bluish. "

Too bad .I dont have LPM or Spectrometer .I can do only two things is taking the photo(s) and testing by adjust current and voltage.
Maybe you don‘t need a professional spectrometer. With just a cheap grating (a dollar on eBay) and a ruler you may measure the wavelength to about a Nanometer with a good beam quality. You can try with a spare DVD-R, but you should check track density with a known wavelength. There are quite some YouTube instructions on this.

Diffraction Grating ? ,I have many of them at my school .may be later because
-Laser is died ,I will order new one soon
-School is on vacation