Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Setting up a company?

I have been looking at how many people have been building their own red and blue ray pointers and selling them for around 3 times the amount they built them for on here and ebay.

So I was thinking today, why not try it myself? Just on a larger scale and setting up a website. So how hard can it be to set up a company, just selling blue rays and red burners at first? They cost, what, £20 to build? I already have hosting I could use and I would just use ecommerce software.

My main question is though, where can I buy parts in bulk? and most of all, would anyone be interested in buying them?

Hehe... fraid it is not that easy. Having recently done it myself. There is a shitload of annoying tax and registration stuff that takes months to do. And if you don't even know where to get the parts, you have a LOOONG way to go.

BlueFusion said:
Hehe... fraid it is not that easy. Having recently done it myself. There is a shitload of annoying tax and registration stuff that takes months to do. And if you don't even know where to get the parts, you have a LOOONG way to go.

Ah, but is it worth the wait? I am 17 now so it could be possible that in the future that I set up a company or how about in the mean time I just do it how people do here? Like a few weeks back someone was selling hundreds of mini red laser pointers just on here and ebay.

you should do it. let us know the website that you make, i'm curious as to what you can do :)

and suppliers are hard to find, good luck with that.

If you want to do it...do it. Just know you will need money to start it up. You have to spend money before you can make money.....

If its what you want to do, try it. Your going to have to do your own home work on finding suppliers. Its not that difficult.