Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Selling Alpha125 (142.7 Peak) No 2 Second Delay

Re: Selling Alpha125 (142.7 Peak) No 2 Second Dela

Thread closed as requested :cool:

S

SenKat

Well folks, I unlocked this thread to report on the shabby condition of the laser. This Alpha is HORRIBLE. The front end is scratched all to hell and back, it was LOOSE, and upone unscrewing the aperature cap - I discoverd a SCREW rolling around loose in the lense cavity. The disc that the lense is attached to itself was VERY loose. I was tasked with evaluation of this laser, and attempting to clean off the lens, as it was reported to have lots of scatter. The scatter is caused by deep scratches to the lens, and general abuse of the laser, period. I unscrewed the front disc - to see if I could clean the other side of the lens - and the entire laser was wiggling back and forth BEFORE unscrewing the lens disc. The laser was in it's factory NOVA hard shell case, in the white box, wrapped with bubble wrap, and packed in packing peanuts, and I am positive it did not suffer any damage at all in transit. Not while wrapped up like that, it didn't. I am not even 100% certain WHERE the screw came from - but it does not even appear to have come from the laser ! At any rate, personally, I would not even buy this laser for $50.00. I WOULD pay $25.00 for spare parts - and to have the tube in order to make another laser out if it. But NOT $200.00 as asked, nor anywhere close to it. Now, if Stealthvendetta says it was not that bad off - okay, but I know hoe it is right now, sitting here right in front of me, and it is a pile of junk, and barely worth the case it is enclosed in. Sorry for hte harsh review - but the "story" of Nova diabling hte 2 second delay, and then it appearing like this, and he has only owned it for a supposed two weeks or so ? BULL. Waving the BIG RED BS FLAG. I call them like I see them. After receiving funds to ship this back, I will repackage it - and send it home.

LarryQ

:eek: Yikes!!!! :eek:

Larry

:mad: First off, I would like to say that this is an outrage. Not for the lasers "reported" condition but for the assault on my credibility. I came here to sell this laser because I needed the money to buy an RPL. If I was a scammer I would not have agreed to send the Alpha125 through a middleman.

I did receive this laser 2 - 3 weeks ago and I DID pay extra money to have the time delay removed. I used Larry as a referrer and I believe that he received the 10% or 15% of the money in nova points. The laser was sent with a paper that clearly stated the serial number and the output power.

There is absolutely no way I would deliberately place a screw inside the alpha125.

I remember using it RIGHT before I packed it, It did not "wiggle" around at all. Yes the aperture is loose and the paint is scratched. That was in the original post and I expect people to actually read the whole thing before they purchase.

I did not scratch the lens, I did not touch it with any objects other than compressed air and a microfiber cloth. I did mention the scattering and I had no idea the lens was physically damaged. The laser burned matches and popped balloons right before I packed it up and shipped it. So unless a laser that does those things will sell for 25$ I highly doubt that something didn't happen to it after I sent it out.

I will pay for the return shipping and I will inspect the unit myself, it was insured for 200 USD and I plan to find out exactly what happened to it. The condition you reported it in is definitely NOT the condition I sent it out in. Apart from the speckling, and the loose aperture.

The image is the nova order history, the 50$ upgrade is for removing the 2 second delay.

Attachments

• Laser.PNG
    Laser.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 69
S

SenKat

Well my friend, your credibility with me is shot.  I only opened the package and reported on the contents, guy...so back the hell off of me.  I raised the BS flag from what I was told about the laser - so agine, back the hell off.  And - it is on the part of the RECEIVER to place a claim through the USPS system, so again BACK THE HELL OFF.  If you DO wish to receive it in the same condition, BACK THE HELL OFF.  Understand ?  Geesh.  This does it for me as a middleman - this ONE ASSHOLE has ruined it for all.  I will not have insinuations thrown at me.  Piss up a rope, asshat - I'll send it back COD

S

SenKat

Before he posts this, I sent him a PM as follows :subject : Go ahead.

Shoot off at the mouth again, and get your ass banned. I reported on it AS RECEIVED.

StealthVendetta is not a scammer ..he had no issues with sending the laser to Greg before I paid him. I really didn't want this to turn into an argument. Thanks Greg for testing the laser, and I would like to suggest to Stealth to try the warranty and once you get it back, just add the shipping costs onto the price (from the RMA) and resell it.

Rob

S

SenKat

He's not selling SHIT on this forum.

Gazoo

Hello Greg,
Anyone sending you a laser knows you are going to inspect it thoroughly. For example, no one could send you a laser knowing it has a scratched lens without you finding out about it. It is impossible to pull the wool over your eyes..lol. So I do find that part a little strange.

Irregardless, you know I appreciate everything you do, and remember, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. So please reconsider your position as being a middleman. Maybe you could could charge the seller a fee from now on.

S

SenKat

Nope. Done with this, period. Been great, had fun..got some neat shirts and shit - let someone else deal with the bullshit from now on. I have done enough to help, and have had it - someone else with a meter can be a middleman from now on - I am NOT doing it any longer. No testing of lasers, either. Keep them. Send them elsewhere. Whatever - just not to me.

I did not mean to imply that you are responsible for the lasers condition Nor did I mean to incite any arguments, If that's how you took it then I apologize. My main concern is that the unit was damaged during the shipping process, that's why I mentioned that it was insured for 200$ and that I will look into what happened. My reasons for believing this are because of the screw that you mentioned in the lens cavity. The only explanation I can think of is that it was subjected to shock and a screw came loose from the aperture during transit.

However I think that name calling and saying "If you DO wish to receive it in the same condition, BACK THE HELL OFF" is uncalled for. While I don't think that you are responsible for the lasers condition, I still disagree with the way you described it. I hope you realize that I did not mean any hostility or offense in my post and that I wish to solve this dispute in a less hostile manner.

The little screw like you are talking about in the lens cavity was a problem with my Alpha too. It just came loose from every day wear and tear. Luckily, my laser was under warranty so I just RMAd it.

lol at least now i know you can upgrade to remove the 2 sec delay for $50 :D

S

SenKat

The screw was indeed from the aperature blocker...I re-installed it, and that part functions again - as well as this was wrapped up - I see NO reason or even any possibility for it to have been knocked about and hurt during trasport. You did a great job wrapping it up, and preparing it for the ride from there to Texas - it had to have been in this condition beforehand - the packaging was impeccable. But, whatever - it's a piece of trash now - that is how it was received, so that is where it's at. If you have a credit/debit card on you - I will send you a google checkout invoice (need your email addy) for the return shipping.