Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Searching matching red, green and blue diode.

Hello, I want to build a RGB laser somday. At the moment I am still planning and dreaming. A while ago I was doing some tests with multi mode red, multi mode blue and DPSS green lasers. This dit not work out at all because the beam of the DPSS was way thinner than the beam of the another two diodes.
I don't want to do a lot of beam correction.
Now there are 520nm diodes aviable for quite a good price so I thought I'll try it again with three diodes. The problem is that I don't know a lot about the dot size of most diodes. There is some information but not a lot.
I found some which could work but I am not sure.

My suggestion would be:
Blue: Osram PLTB450B(multimode?) or PLT5 450B/PLP450(singlemode)
Red: ML501P73-02(multimode) or ML520G55(singlemode?). Are ther any 500mW singlemode diodes?
Green: PLP520-B1(multimode)

I am not sure if I should get a singlemode red and blue and a multi mode green or all multimode diodes. I guess the multimode blue and red diodes have a way wider beam than the green. So singlemode red and blue should be the choice, but how are their beam characteristics?

Another problem is that I don't know if the ML520G55 is a singlemode diode and if the PLTB450B is a multimode diode.

Hopefully somebody an help out :). Greetings.