Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Search a Driver for my built

Hey,

i want to built a laser with this parts:

Host:
C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Diode:
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/445-m140-didoes (Three Element Glass Lens
$60)

Heatsink:
Black Anodized Aluminum Heat Sink

For the Driver i want this (but i'm not sure):
18V 5W Cree Circuit Board for Flashlights (16.8mm*5.5mm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I read a few thread about this Driver and i don't now.
I would power the Laser with 2*CR123 Batterys.

If you want to use two cr123 (16340 are better IMO cause they are rechargeable)

You need a buck or linear driver because your batteryvoltage is higher than Vf of your diode (buck is more efficent but a bit more expensive)
The recommended max current for your diode is 1.8A

That's everything I will say. Now use the search button on the bottom of the page ;)

Good Luck with your build :beer:

OK the 16340 are a good idea.
But it's works with this driver?

Last edited:
It probably works but its a cheap chinese buck driver you cant be sure about the output you would have to measure it and it may has a high current ripple that shortens your diodes lifetime. You can try it but it may fail.

If you want to be sure that your driver is working with a m140 and has the advertised output just search the B/S/T section in this forum for Linear and Buckdrivers :beer:

Also I would recommend 1.6A for your m140 1.25A seems too conservative for me ;)