Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sdlaser 303 host issue

If your up for building your fist laser you could mail one of our machinists that host and they could turn you a heatsink for a 12mm module. Would be a good learning experience and help you get back on your feet LPF wise.

Max has been hit or miss lately. There were a few negative threads out there but today I saw a positive one. Who knows. I hope all goes well for you.

Speedy

PHR-805

Shipped from china but I think that's you're only shot at the moment with cliff out. If you want an S06J 405 you can contact DTR. But it will be around 50$USD. Not sure how low you can run it but people run them hot at 400-500mA for 500-800mW. But they can always be under driven.

As for the heatsink, it would cost shipping of the host there and back plus whatever is charged for the heatsink. Probably in the 30$USD range. Could be more or less. If you do the 805 you can probably get a nice build for a total of around 70USD spent seeing as your already down 34 for the host then shipping both ways + heatsink, driver, and diode.

Read the stickies and familiarize yourself with different parts and build processes.