Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers SF501B 2W 445 Review

Sta

I ordered this laser from Sci-Fi Lasers in late October. It arrived on November 21, due to some complications in shipping. I'd say it is still not nearly as bad as the likes of WL in shipping, and wouldn't expect it to happen again. Eitan was very patient with me, and had great service.

The laser has an extremely bright beam, and is much better than my old Chinese "2W" 445nm laser. Since I don't have an LPM, I am unable to measure the brightness, but I can safely say that it is ridiculously bright. I would definitely buy from Eitan again.

It's great at burning, as expected. Here are some pictures:
Laser in operation:
YIn4A4I.jpg

Laser not in operation:
YSMJaDv.jpg

Obligatory beamshot:
XsFesk1.jpg

Result of burning a CD, quite literally: (Everyone else on LPF is going to start doing this, I guarantee it. :D)
Ni15RKi.jpg

Last edited:

Wow nice review Thanks !

I can send the graph by email. I just was super busy and did not have much time to reply.

email me again. Will send it asap.

:beer:

Nice review! thankz for sharing, good to see you have your eye protection on !
+ Rep
Can see a couple dead pixels in your camera? did u Laze it? Haha
I Can see a cheapo battery charger in the background too, try replace it with a basic nitecore charger if you have a few dollars spare, just for your safety
CheerZ:beer:

Reactions: Sta
I have some good chargers lol, just trying to charge as many batteries as possible! :beer:
And yes, I did hit my camera with that old chinese junk laser a few months ago. :p
Good To hear you have better chargers!
those cheaper ones have nothing to them, open it one day when your sick of it, Haha

Sta

Good To hear you have better chargers!
those cheaper ones have nothing to them, open it one day when your sick of it, Haha

I've already lit one of them on fire after it stopped working. :eg:

Great choice, Eitan makes really solid lasers :D I've had a 445nm 501B from him for over a year now, still lases like a champ. Got a 3W Arcane from him on the way too, just left NY, super excited...

USAbro

I've already lit one of them on fire after it stopped working. :eg:

I damaged good batteries with that type of charger. Even though unprotected type, they cost around $6 each. The problem is the charger over discharged them overnight with the LED. Never charged, just discharged with the indicator!