Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Saw someone who was hit by train

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
The other day i saw someone who had been hit by a train in a suicide at princeton junction station.. terrible. i could not think about anything else the rest of the day, and its still on my mind.

the person had already been hit, but are train pulled up right next to the body. and when i looked out the window it was right below me, i was the first person to see it on the train. then i told everyone else about it. people were in shock

here are a few links about the incident:

http://www.trentonian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18257024&BRD=1697&PAG=461&dept_id=44551&rfi=6
http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/archives/2007/04/25/news/18246.shtml

can't imagine what its like for the train engineer.. it would be so hard to continue working.

have any of you guys ever seen a dead body before? def can be a life changing experience

K

kingzilla

That is awful. I can only recommend that you do lots of things, so as to take your mind off it, go see a movie, go back to the place were it happened, talk to your friends and family about it. Also, it will help if you listen to your favorite music, it will calm your mind away from the shock.

Hope you can recover from the sock of seeing that quickly.

I am an ER doctor. I trained in Manhattan, New York during 9/11. I understand your sentiments. Don't use alcohol as a solution to the problem, and talk to your friends/family. This is what works for me. :'(

One thing to keep in mind is that when we are born we all sign an irrevocable contract that one day we will die. It sort of keeps things in perspective.

It is sad that someone feels that they must end their own life to escape whatever it is that they need to escape from. My advice to you Cold , is to try and forget what you have seen and to realise the fragility of life, and live every day to the full.

Jase