Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanyo Catalog of Diodes...

Jules

I found this although I think it might be old news. There was a comparison of the current 8011 diode to the Sanyo in another thread. Here is what I want for Christmas... The "Under Development" one!

Here is the link to the Catalog http://www.sanyo-photonics.com/images/company/2007Catalog_ENG.pdf

I found samples of the existing 80mw diode for around $2,000 LOL. Cheaper to buy a 803T sled

Attachments

• LaserUD.JPG
    LaserUD.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 101

Wow 300 mW blu-ray would be amazing. :D
It's too bad they cost so freaking much. [smiley=tongue.gif]

--hydro15

that price is completely normal and to be expected.

that's the best you can ever hope to get from the manufacturer unless you're buying several million diodes at a time, with a contract to buy x amount in the future... at which point they drop down to about $20 each.

Actually, 2k is a pretty low price for a 80mW diode in qty 1... it wasn't too long ago daguin found a supplier that was asking some $4600 for them in qty 5-10. (if I recall correctly.. in fact I think those may have been 40mW ones..)

spensa

I think the shaded box is a key saying every box that has shading like that is underdevelopment not a 300+mW 405 nM diode

spensa said:
I think the shaded box is a key saying every box that has shading like that is underdevelopment not a 300+mW 405 nM diode

Bingo ;)