Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu spiker stuck in locked mode.

Hey does anyone have any tips to get the sanwu lasers out of lock mode. I have half taped the cap 5 times within 3 seconds and the dang thing will not get out of lock mode. I just got it this morning. So for now it's a really cool $400 10Mw laser. But it'd really be cool if we could get the 5watts that it's supposed to be. Thanks for the help.

HELP! Sanwu laser stuck in lock mode.

Hey guy I just got a sanwu spiker this morning and it will not get out of lock mode. I have half taped the button 5 times within three seconds and it is still stuck. I'm pretty bummed. Any tips would help. Thank you.

diachi

Re: HELP! Sanwu laser stuck in lock mode.

You already have a thread started on this topic. Please post only one thread and keep discussion to only one thread. It's bad etiquette to post two.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with an answer.

You already have a thread started on this topic. Please post only one thread and keep discussion to only one thread. It's bad etiquette to post two.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with an answer.

Hey sorry man. This is my first time on this forum. I thought I had not finished the post on the other one. My bad I am used to tap talk and that format. This is quite a bit different. My bad. It won't happen again. Thanks for informing me though.

diachi

Hey sorry man. This is my first time on this forum. I thought I had not finished the post on the other one. My bad I am used to tap talk and that format. This is quite a bit different. My bad. It won't happen again. Thanks for informing me though.

No worries! :)

I just responded to your OTHER thread...
Ask a Moderator to merge the 2 Threads..

Jerry

The Seller built your Laser and therefore is the
person to ask.. IMO
Without seeing the Laser.. we can only suggest
what to do to remedy your issue which could also
possibly void any warranty the seller may have
granted you.

Patience... grasshopper..:yh:

Jerry

The Seller built your Laser and therefore is the
person to ask.. IMO
Without seeing the Laser.. we can only suggest
what to do to remedy your issue which could also
possibly void any warranty the seller may have
granted you.

Patience... grasshopper..:yh:

Jerry

Ha ha yes I am waiting. I was reading some other threads on here and some others also mentioned they had a very hard time getting it out of lock mode. I will wait and see what sanwu says. It's one sweet laser though.

diachi

Ha ha yes I am waiting. I was reading some other threads on here and some others also mentioned they had a very hard time getting it out of lock mode. I will wait and see what sanwu says. It's one sweet laser though.

They may respond here, they have an account here by the name "Podo".

I hope they respond sooner than later of course. I was very excited about this laser. It's my first laser this powerful. I'm just bummed of course. The anticipation of waiting. Then finally getting it and can't use it is just a little saddening. Ha ha but I'm sure sanwu has answers.

diachi

I hope they respond sooner than later of course. I was very excited about this laser. It's my first laser this powerful. I'm just bummed of course. The anticipation of waiting. Then finally getting it and can't use it is just a little saddening. Ha ha but I'm sure sanwu has answers.

What other lasers have you had? Do you have proper laser safety glasses?

What other lasers have you had? Do you have proper laser safety glasses?

Yes I have quite a few pairs of laser glasses. I have many dragon lasers. I have the spartan 1 w 445 I have the Aurora 150 mw green. Also the hulk 300 mw green.

Encap

Hey does anyone have any tips to get the sanwu lasers out of lock mode. I have half taped the cap 5 times within 3 seconds and the dang thing will not get out of lock mode. I just got it this morning. So for now it's a really cool $400 10Mw laser. But it'd really be cool if we could get the 5watts that it's supposed to be. Thanks for the help.

IN the meantime, the Samwu web site says:

Multi-operations mode
Safety Mode(<5mw), half power, strobe, full power, SOS mode with safety lock.
Half-tap the push button switch to switch mode.

Electronic lock
To prevent unauthorized use, half-tap the tail switch three times within the first three seconds after the laser is on and wait for another three seconds before the beam turns dim which indicates the laser has entered lock function(<1mw).

Unlock
Just repeat the same process but half-tap five times instead.

Would suggest you remove the battery for a 10 seconds, reinstall the battery and try again and follow the instructions.

See: https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/spiker

IN the meantime, the Samwu web site says:

Multi-operations mode
Safety Mode(<5mw), half power, strobe, full power, SOS mode with safety lock.
Half-tap the push button switch to switch mode.

Electronic lock
To prevent unauthorized use, half-tap the tail switch three times within the first three seconds after the laser is on and wait for another three seconds before the beam turns dim which indicates the laser has entered lock function(<1mw).

Unlock
Just repeat the same process but half-tap five times instead.

Would suggest you remove the battery for a 10 seconds, reinstall the battery and try again and follow the instructions.

See: https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/spiker

Thanks I have tried all these things. Still no success. I will probably have to wait and see what sanwu says.