Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Silver series 2.5W Tri Beam HELP!

I received my silver tri beam today. The laser wouldn't turn on so I thought the Batterys I had in work were dead so I had to wait until I got home from work to try fully charged ones. I put the charged Batterys in and turned it on well tried to.. After messing around with it a bit it cane on. The light was extremely weak (like start up weak). It was like start up when the light is powering up but never came on to full power! The button on the rear of it felt pretty stiff so I opened all the comments and built it again.. Bingo it started to work properly again but when I put it in front of the LPM it's only reading in the 800's?? This is supposed to be 2500mw Is this a problem because of the button where it's not getting full power somehow? Let me know your thoughts please.. Waited a while for it.. Would rather fix the problem rather than send it back and waiting another few weeks. Thanks lads

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

Maybe your batteries aren't able to supply enough power for the diode(s)? I'm not familiar with this laser so I'm not sure if it's got multiple diodes or not.

I know that sometimes my lasers needed stronger batteries for fuller output.

diachi

I received my silver tri beam today. The laser wouldn't turn on so I thought the Batterys I had in work were dead so I had to wait until I got home from work to try fully charged ones. I put the charged Batterys in and turned it on well tried to.. After messing around with it a bit it cane on. The light was extremely weak (like start up weak). It was like start up when the light is powering up but never came on to full power! The button on the rear of it felt pretty stiff so I opened all the comments and built it again.. Bingo it started to work properly again but when I put it in front of the LPM it's only reading in the 800's?? This is supposed to be 2,500nm Is this a problem because of the button where it's not getting full power somehow? Let me know your thoughts please.. Waited a while for it.. Would rather fix the problem rather than send it back and waiting another few weeks. Thanks lads

mW* Easy enough mistake :p

Anyway ... is the whole beam hitting the sensor? Are the batteries definitely fully charged (which batteries are you using)?

Maybe your batteries aren't able to supply enough power for the diode(s)? I'm not familiar with this laser so I'm not sure if it's got multiple diodes or not.

I know that sometimes my lasers needed stronger batteries for fuller output.

Single diode - it's one of those tri-beam red diodes from Mitsubishi. Could be that the batteries can't keep up or perhaps just aren't fully charged/not the full 4.2V. Or as I said above, that wide beam isn't completely hitting the sensor...

Last edited:
Single diode - it's one of those tri-beam red diodes (Mitsubishi?). Could be that the batteries can't keep up or perhaps just aren't fully charged/not the full 4.2V. Or as I said above, that wide beam isn't completely hitting the sensor...

Any idea where I could get my hands on one of these diodes? I'd like to do my own custom build with one sometime :D

I'm just really interested when I hear about these unique kind of lasers :p

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I was looking at the Sanwu site and thought that I saw a claim of 1.6W for the tri beam, which is still a lot more than you seem to be getting.
I don't know what the divergence of those beams are, but is the whole output contained on your sensor?
The only other thing I can think of is did you use the start up sequence specified, and are using high quality batteries?

I hope you get the problem sorted out without having to return it. :)

Edit: Diachi, you beat me to it again! I got to learn to type faster!

Last edited:

diachi

Last edited:

mW* Easy enough mistake :p

Anyway ... is the whole beam hitting the sensor? Are the batteries definitely fully charged (which batteries are you using)?

Single diode - it's one of those tri-beam red diodes from Mitsubishi. Could be that the batteries can't keep up or perhaps just aren't fully charged/not the full 4.2V. Or as I said above, that wide beam isn't completely hitting the sensor...

Typo!! Whoops ha. I have Ultrafire 4.2v 18650 6000mAh batteries. Beam was 100% centred on the lpm. I checked the voltage with the multimeter before I used them and they were reading perfect. I'll check if I've any other brands there. Cheers for the response lads much appreciated

I was looking at the Sanwu site and thought that I saw a claim of 1.6W for the tri beam, which is still a lot more than you seem to be getting.
I don't know what the divergence of those beams are, but is the whole output contained on your sensor?
The only other thing I can think of is did you use the start up sequence specified, and are using high quality batteries?

I hope you get the problem sorted out without having to return it. :)

Edit: Diachi, you beat me to it again! I got to learn to type faster!

What would be the highest quality batteries?? I got a Panasonic NCR 18650 with my 3.5W Arctic 3 and quality is brilliant. Trust me I hope I don't have to send it back 😐😐

Any idea where I could get my hands on one of these diodes? I'd like to do my own custom build with one sometime :D

I'm just really interested when I hear about these unique kind of lasers :p

It's a seriously cool diode.. Starts off as 1 639nm beam then splits into 3 beams!... It's pretty cool I must say

Razako

Did you get the multi-mode driver? I did, and it took me a while to learn how to engage the full power mode. Mine also would put out around 800mw in mid power mode. It puts out 1800mw at full power.

diachi

Did you get the multi-mode driver? I did, and it took me a while to learn how to engage the full power mode. Mine also would put out around 800mw in mid power mode. It puts out 1800mw at full power.

Bet me to it! Seconded! Check that! :p

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh now I get it!! I did.. Makes sense now... Well the power test, still doesn't explain what it was or should I say want doing starting up

Back to square one again... It won't turn on :gun:

It turns on but it hasn't powered up properly.. Super dull. I think it might be the button at the back. Feels very stiff also when it clicks. It's not getting the juice Grrrrrr

94Z28

You can short the batteries to the host with anything metallic to eliminate other issues and isolate the switch as the problem.

If the switch is the issue, everything else should work when you short the batteries to host (use screwdriver with plastic handle)

Razako

Last edited: