Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Silver 7 watt

It lives!!
I had a 5.5 watt that had died last year so I had Sanwu make a module that was 7 watt for it
I sent the host back to them. He repolished it up for me while it was there. In the meantime I got the expander for it as well. Of course I just had to fire it

Attachments

• 0423181917-360x360.jpg
    0423181917-360x360.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

What primary lens are you using ?

I like that setup with a G7 lens or as a 2nd choice a 3 element, but not a G2 as the divergence is too much, maybe for very short distance such as desktop a G2 would be ok, but as you have a beam expander I'm sure you would enjoy the beam more with a G7 or 3E. :beer:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Sounds like great customer service, trussmonkey, hope you enjoy your newly re-furbished Sanwu 7W Silver! :yh:

Gazen

Woah that’s a huge host with a monster diode, bet it has some good heatsinking.
How hot does it get? I know Sanwu claims unlimited duty cycle.

Hope you have fun with it :beer:

Really shouldn't run this over 30 seconds. I already burned out a 5.5 by running it too long. The large copper heatsink stays hot once it gets warm. This thing is so powerful, it makes a popping sound as it burns into things when focused...like in the movie GoldFinger

I have bad trauma on buying blue lasers, i have 1,6 watt china laser and 7 watt blue laser, both of them die for a short lifetime, better have to choose other like green or red laser, it have more lifetime than blue laser

I have bad trauma on buying blue lasers, i have 1,6 watt china laser and 7 watt blue laser, both of them die for a short lifetime, better have to choose other like green or red laser, it have more lifetime than blue laser

Again watch the on-off times. The module on the Sanwu lasers just thread in. They arnt cheap be easy to do. Perhaps we should start building Water cooled handhelds.

Again watch the on-off times. The module on the Sanwu lasers just thread in. They arnt cheap be easy to do. Perhaps we should start building Water cooled handhelds.
yes, even i have doing the right thing how to click 1 minute on and 1 minute off, blue lasers have a high risk . When i broke my 7 watt blue laser, i just using it for just 30 second and broke, too easy broke. Better i choose other color laser

GSS

yes, even i have doing the right thing how to click 1 minute on and 1 minute off, blue lasers have a high risk . When i broke my 7 watt blue laser, i just using it for just 30 second and broke, too easy broke. Better i choose other color laser
Something is not adding up?? Unless your way way over driving your blue diode's they are very robust. Are you dropping them or even putting in the battery wrong??
I have a no name 445nm blue diode that has probably 10,000 hours on it, plus it decaned and still doing 1.5W.
Did you build any of these these lasers your self, or are they Sanwu units? or by chance did you get any of them from Etain or his member name the "The Joker"?

I am just buy from sanwulasers website, and something went wrong with my 7 watt blue laser, i only used my laser less than 30 second not more but my laser broke

GSS

It just broke while running at around the 30 second point?
Well it does happen but don't let this one example keep you from trying another blue. ;)

It just broke while running at around the 30 second point?
Well it does happen but don't let this one example keep you from trying another blue. ;)
hahaha, right just afraid if own blue laser again and broke just a vew second hahaha, actually i more like visible laser like green or anything , but not blue haha, i just can buy, and i dont have experience to repair them. My laser just using when i go to hiking to the mountain, more visible more interesting even have a bad burn