Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Saber Spiker question 1.6w 445

Jhop

So I think the next laser I am going to add to my collection will be the Sanwu Saber Spiker, the cheapest on the list at 1.6w 445nm. I was just wondering how well does this burn at 1.6w, and what all will it burn. white paper? cardboard? or are those still out of reach for 1.6w? Also if it has a g7 lens from SW does that make it closer to 2w? does anyone have one and able to give examples of its power? I would like to find out as much as i can before buying. It will be a couple weeks before I can afford it. Thanks :beer:

94Z28

1.6W of 445nm will burn pretty much whatever you want to burn. I am not sure of white paper, as I have never tried to burn it with 1.8-2w but the other things (cardboard, wood, black plastic, electrical tape, etc...) is easy work when focused to a point with a G7; As far as a spiker output with a G7 on his ratings I couldn't verify as I don't own one.

You MUST make sure you have some GOOD safety goggles for burning with 1.6w of 445nm, or you will burn your retinas! Also, you may want to search into some other topics here warning about 445-450nm side-effects. Blue is my favorite color if you cannot tell by my signature, but it is also quite scary when you get into power levels we are talking about here.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
As 1.6W is not too far off the 2W M140 capabilties, it will also burn white paper. However slightly slower of course than the M140. In order to burn white paper with ease though, you need 3W+. As 94Z28 said, good googles are a must.