Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu RGB questions

What is the minimum output for each color? Could I do 5mW for each diode?

What is the divergence of each diode? What is the divergence as a whole?

What do the vials do? Is the basic plan worth it?

Thanks

I just got one of these last week and have a full review planned... Stay tuned for that in the next week or two.

The minimum power is no output. You can get the diodes to emit light but still be below lasing threshold. 5mW is doable.

Divergence is pretty good - Diodes are all single mode, all the beams line up really well and stay together. I don't have numbers for you right now.

The vials glow. I wish I got the tritium option, but I opted not to so I didn't think anything was turned on on my shelf.

Edit: white at the highest and lowest power I could get. To the eye it's white, camera sees red a little more sensitively

Last edited:
No, I do not know. The red has wings and the green has a faint box. Nothing notable to say on the blue

Really?! I didn't know that about the green and red diodes in this build. That is a real shame. The box could have been removed with a proper lens choice.

You know, I didn't notice the blue box until now. That one has a box strongly resembling the sharp diodes. Green's box is far off to the side. Maybe osram?

That said... I do not notice the blue or green boxes unless I'm up close looking for them. They're mitigated very well IMO. The only artifacts that are distracting are the wings on the red diode.

Camera makes it look messier than it is in person. When I'm not in a rush and am taking the pictures of the review I'll make it look like it does in person.