Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Lasers Order Review

User-name-required

Hello!
Thought I would share my experience with Sanwu Lasers, for anyone thinking of ordering.
I ordered a 5W, Striker Saber, 470nm, at the worst possible time, January 23rd, just as the Coronavirus was shutting down China. I had read about their normal built/shipping times, but I realized that no longer applied. The company had to close, and, well, with what they were going through, I thought it selfish and rude to badger them with questions about the status of my order. So I figured I’d wait it out. The idea of having that kind of money ($560 with accessories and DHL shipping) floating in the unknown, made me a bit uncomfortable, but I had done my research, and everything pointed to the company being a definite straight shooter.
Days before placing the order, I had a few questions, and their customer service was on it, replying within 24 hours. Couldn’t have asked for more at that point.
So, I sat tight and waited. I was aware of how things were progressing with the virus, so I waited as patiently as I could. I had been planning the order for a while, so I was definitely eager to get my hands on the laser. Two months went by, and their website stated that they were back in business. So I decided to ask about my order. Again, I got their reply within 24 hours. I was told that they were working on fulfilling all the orders that had fallen behind, and that they had already shipped about 70% of them. I was told that my order should be shipping in about ten days. So I sat tight. I waited two more weeks, and not having heard from them, I figured I’d ask about my order again. As I sat down to write the email, I suddenly get a pop up on screen. An email with a DHL tracking number for a package from China. This was on a Thursday. By Monday, the package was at my doorstep. Overall it took almost three months, but it was definitely beyond their control. I opened the package, and what can I say! The quality of the built is beyond anything I expected! The lasers look great in the pictures, but they don’t do them enough justice. What a beautifully and professionally made piece! Heavy, solid, everything screws and unscrews as it’s meant to. i ordered mine with the magnetic rings to adjust power and mode. They turn beautifully! everything is so perfectly tight, and smooth, it’s just... Well, I’m gonna say it again. Beautiful! All this before even turning the laser on! I did. And man! I was blown away! Such power! (Yes, I have the proper eye protection. Ordered that weeks before ordering the laser. Safety first!) I’ve had it for a few days, with carful, occasional use, and I cant think of one single thing they could’ve done better! And I can not find one thing wrong! Not a single rough cut on the aluminum or steel, not a scratch from tooling, anywhere... yes. I am blown away! I feel like a kid holding it. (or a Jedi, for that matter. ) So, if you’re considering ordering from Sanwu, all I can say is, what are you waiting for! You can’t go wrong! I just can’t say enough good things! Having the laser in hand made me forget about the, beyond their control, three month wait. Heck, I’d wait six months for something of this quality! (No, they did not pay me to write this. Just giving credit where credit is due. :)

gazer101

If I were rich I'd buy from Sanwu too :cry: But for now eBay piecemeal will do :)

MrEgg

If I were rich I'd buy from Sanwu too :cry: But for now eBay piecemeal will do :)

Sanwu make great lasers but at a price, I'm with you there. I've got a few Sanwu products. Pocket lasers are a great place to start when money permits! :)