Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Laser DOA. Out of luck?

lexvegas

Hello,

I purchased a Sanwu Striker 525nm(Green) 1.2W laser that was dead on arrival. What's the process going to look like for getting this situation righted? Am I going to have to ship the dead unit back to Hong Kong? I've emailed the sanwuservice@gmail.com address, but I'm guessing I wont hear anything for a while due to the time difference. I'm just a little worried since I dropped $500 on a laser that doesn't work at all.

Thanks!

Encap

What do you expect anyone on LPF to know or say about it? Is 100% between you and Sanwu.
All you can do is ask Sanwu and wait for a reply as to what is what.

That being said if you bought the "multimode" model are you sure you know how to turn it on which takes some getting used to, to be able to do. Others have reported the same thing and it was just that they were not turning it on or unlocking it effectively/correctly.
Follow the "Laser Function" instructions on the Sanwu Striker web page

Laserbran

Hello,

I purchased a Sanwu Striker 525nm(Green) 1.2W laser that was dead on arrival. What's the process going to look like for getting this situation righted? Am I going to have to ship the dead unit back to Hong Kong? I've emailed the sanwuservice@gmail.com address, but I'm guessing I wont hear anything for a while due to the time difference. I'm just a little worried since I dropped $500 on a laser that doesn't work at all.

Thanks!

HIya;

Sanwu is very good at getting back to you. They will surely offer for you to send it back postage paid(you have 30 days to send back postage paid) or offer a refund. I'm waiting for a 7w striker but they have kept me updated every step of the way. Best of luck friend and don't worry, they're a legit operation.