Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu comunication

Hey Sanwu, the laser turned up in the UK at my place Yesterday (Friday 15th) It is exceptionally well made & very bright for red laser I have not seen such a high quality portable laser as this. Thank you for an excellent laser Sawu, a long wait but it was worth it.
I see why so many have recommended Sanwu lasers now. This is one of the finest lasers in my collection. Now i have seen the quality of your products i will buy again.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Excellent, glad it turned up and you’re happy with it.
Like you said, we recommend Sanwu for a reason.
Enjoy your laser and stay safe. :)

QiQi

is there something wrong with the sanwu website?
it seems like the website is totally different

It is a very nicely made laser ive recieved, it seems to be well under 1 watt of visible red tho, ive a 300 mw home brew here that kicks its ass for visibility,
i suspect this is due to my lens selection as much as anything, nice beams using big diode formats mean sacrificing power as a rule & the host quality more than makes up for lower output. I was not expecting miracles with a red diode.
I hope the 1 watt green is actually 1 watt tho, thats next on my list.
I was going to build a green one using a Nichia diode, but buying from Sanwu actually works out cheaper than milling my own host & faffing with importing parts ect, i just hope i dont have to wait several weeks for Sanwu next time round.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Sanwu are usually good with their specs. They don’t usually put power ratings on their products that are not achievable. You should always be aware that with diodes you have to have tolerance on the output power depending on the unique efficiency of each diodes. +/- 10% is a good estimate. But have you metered this laser? Testing with an LPM is the only way to be sure what your output power is.

Additional note, beam diameter will affect the beam brightness. A tighter beam will appear brighter.

Last edited:
Same isues with me too..had to get ahold of them .. the 5w 470nm silver series engraved with beam expander finally showed up and it is sick...