Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Sanwu Challenger II 488nm beam shots 150mw

SnowCobra

So here you can see mine, which is a much paler resemblance of what it actually looks like. It way more tealish green. I also attached a picture of my gatling in the street next to a sodium vapor street light which appears yellowish. This is the only photo of it that is accurate, all others look purplish. Maybe is complementary colors that help the camera extrapolate the true hue?

Attachments

ChrisWhit

I just can't help it. Every time something burns in the oven I run up stairs and grab lasers! When the house starts burning out of control, I'll just throw my collection in the car, lol!
Now here's a light saber! 7F31B38B-ED73-47C9-B282-687027D836B9.jpeg355B24B7-EFFD-4B0B-B943-525F582D533A.jpegA96CF41E-D367-4EC0-89F8-B116E742097B.jpeg

steve001

An interesting phenomena that I've noticed is how the beam does seem to terminate suddenly at some given distance as it appears to the naked eye. Maybe it's how our limited ability to discern spatial detail on something as small and precise as a long skinny beam and point of light, distorts our perception of distance. I'll point mine at say a line of trees merely 150 yards away and it seems the spot is just there over the trees but it doesn't look like it goes on through them where it can.. It just sits right at the trees at an absolutely fixed distance. Obviously it's not really working like that, but it's an optical illusion I suppose that it looks that way. I've often wondered if there's some quantum thing going on with these lasers. Like they work with our own consciousness and awareness somehow. There was an experiment that seemed to imply that, interestingly enough
No. As I recall, Sam's Laser FAQ among many laser topics explains why a laser beam appears to terminate.

Cyparagon

It "terminates" because of your viewing angle relative to the beam path. Think about it. If the earth were flat (no jokes plz!) and went on forever, there would STILL be a horizon.

ChrisWhit

It "terminates" because of your viewing angle relative to the beam path. Think about it. If the earth were flat (no jokes plz!) and went on forever, there would STILL be a horizon.
Sooo... You're saying that the Earth is flat? 🙃🤔🤗😉😝