Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu 7500mw overcharge protection question

Cdaddy

I just bought a Sanwu striker series 7.0 watt 455 nm laser, safety glasses, battery charger, beam expander, the works basically. The beam expander did not arrive with the package but they are supposed fix that. The laser seems to be dead on arrival. My trouble shooting skills are not the best but, The bottom switch in the end cap works. The diode seems to check out. However the battery charger is outputting 6.7 volts. The batteries were showing the same voltage but seem to be decreasing with time. I ordered these batteries(Fitorch C450) when I was told by Sanwu that the batteries ship separately. I know the laser has some type of overcharge protection per the specs. Are the batteries my problem? Did I toast this already?

I am looking for some advice. I know I have never posted here and if I sound like I am complaining I am not. Could the batteries or the charger be the problem? Like I said my trouble shooting skills are not the best in these areas so I am reaching out to guys. I dont want to cause unnecessary problems for the people Sanwu or myself.

Thanks for any help or advice.

julianthedragon

If the batts are charged and inserted correctly (negative toward the tailcap) then maybe those batteries just aren't built for the laser, either because they can't handle the amount of juice needed for this thing or because they don't make contact inside the laser. I notice that the batteries you mentioned are flat tops and Sanwu has always shipped me button top batteries, not sure if that's relevant here but worth thinking about.

Either way it's highly unlikely it's already dead especially with all the protections they put in place. It would be like buying a lambo and realizing it's a lemon right away. But if you can't get it to operate you should email their customer service and they will help or offer replacement probably. Also did you make sure the beam is focused? It's possible it's just hard to see if you have the safety goggles on and it's out of focus. That's a reach but gotta suggest anything it could be

Cdaddy

If the batts are charged and inserted correctly (negative toward the tailcap) then maybe those batteries just aren't built for the laser, either because they can't handle the amount of juice needed for this thing or because they don't make contact inside the laser. I notice that the batteries you mentioned are flat tops and Sanwu has always shipped me button top batteries, not sure if that's relevant here but worth thinking about.

Either way it's highly unlikely it's already dead especially with all the protections they put in place. It would be like buying a lambo and realizing it's a lemon right away. But if you can't get it to operate you should email their customer service and they will help or offer replacement probably. Also did you make sure the beam is focused? It's possible it's just hard to see if you have the safety goggles on and it's out of focus. That's a reach but gotta suggest anything it could be
Thanks for the reply. It was a battery length issue. Holy smokes that laser is a monster.