Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Samsung Gear 360 photos 4/6/18

Hi Paul and Bowtieguy,
Yes those are 200mg ibuprofen gelcaps. I photographed them and like how they came out so much I also used vitamin D and fish oil gelcaps (emptied out the medicine cabinet) with different lasers, colored light, UV light, etc., and with the lighting coming from above or below the gelcaps. I spent two weeks (a few hundred pics) exploring this and got some very interesting shots, especially UV and lasers. It started out simple but by the time I was done I took some strange looking photos taking advantage of the curvature of the pill and the straight lines of the lasers, and also that they are translucent. These pics make me want to buy a macro lens for my camera as my normal lens can't get as close in as I would like for these photos. Here is a pic the gelcaps in normal light. Maybe I will post the first set of these soon if anyone is interested. To some they may look light they don't belong in this section since they are more photographs of gelcaps than of lasers

DSC_3391_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

Wow! That's a lot of gelcaps, Bruce. Did any of them fluoresce with 405nm? I was thinking of the vitamin D caps, as I doubt ibuprofen would.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Bruce, those are fantastic looking, I think that you could make a great looking series of photos with those!
I think they belong perfectly ..... we need more! :yh:

Sounds good , l will try to get the first set posted tomorrow. And all of them fluoresce with 405nm. I also used direct UV light from a black light and LED UV flashlights.

Last edited:
Hmm. I wonder if it was the ibuprofen or the liquid vehicle that fluoresces. Could also be the capsule that fluoresces. They might even put a fluorescent dye in them.