Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Salutations!

NuGenZ3D

Hello, i’m a new member. I’m from New York, particularly near the Great Lakes region. I currently am studying to become a micro-electrical engineer. I joined this fine establishment to become educated, in all manners, of lasers and maybe build a few. Thank you, and have a good one.

Howdy! Welcome and I hope you find the education you seek. Be warned, after you build your 1st...there might be a few (dozen) more to come shortly thereafter :)

Above all, be safe! Get a nice pair of googles. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but do your 'due diligence' of searching around, there is gobs of info to be found without having to wait for a response at all!

Cheers!

Hi! Welcome :)

Stay safe (get some goggles) and enjoy your stay. There's a lot of people with a wealth of knowledge here to be tapped if you do it in the right way.

GSS

Welcome:)
Tell us what you might know so far? Power levels, wavelengths, what diodes are, drivers, what heatsinks are for etc..?
Do you have any laser now other than a dollar store cat pointer?

Welcome aboard, you'll find tons of useful information here and lots of users that are well versed in different areas.

Last edited:
Welcome to the LPF. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained here if you are willing to read. A micro electrical engineer? Does that mean you are a little person? JK.

Welcome to the LPF. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained here if you are willing to read. A micro electrical engineer? Does that mean you are a little person? JK.
Maybe Microelectronics - if that's the case, laser diodes might be quite an interesting aside from normal microelectronics design/manufacturing one might learn at Uni doing that course? :)

NuGenZ3D

Maybe Microelectronics - if that's the case, laser diodes might be quite an interesting aside from normal microelectronics design/manufacturing one might learn at Uni doing that course? :)

Yes, it was actually my interest of optics and lasers that kinda steered my choice of micro-electrical engineering It was either that or programming.