Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale at Laserglow

I just cashed my disposable income check and went on to Laserglow to see what I could find... and low and behold! They are having a 14 day sale! Looks to be a different item everyday so I signed up for the e-mail notification. Nice timing guys :D

Well I went through their site now...

A bit offtopic.
Couple of months ago, the 593.5 nm lasers were much lower power than now, by laserglow:
There were only one Rigel pen available, with 0.2 - 5 mW power output.

Now there is 5 or 6 models, with power up to 20 mW.
Vega, also yellow, however STILL says only up to 5 mW, and 10mW. WTF?

Now, most interesting is Aquarius blue... there was only 2 mW before couple of months, with GREAT price tag, now there is 90mW pen style model?! HUH?
Did I accidentaly sleep over two or three years and missed some great laser technology advancements?

Justin

The answer is yes, laser technology continues to advance rapidly!

Also, the first day of the sale is almost over, so if you want to pick up an Aries-125 for only $349 ($90 below reg. price) you've got about 2.5 hours at the time of this posting!

We'll be putting a new item on sale at noon each day for the next 13 days. You can sign up for daily email notifications on our website if you want to be the first to know the sale items each day!

D

Deleted member 8382

Could you explain us how a blue laser pen has reached 90mW?

My bad folks, it is 70 mW avg, 85 mW peak, not 90 mW.
Sorry!

Anyhow, interesting is how both Aquarius and Aquarius Pro have same power levels.
I would expect a bigger laser to have bigger kick.
How come?

And how come Yobresal already has 100 mW 589 nm yellow?
Is this new 589nm single harmonic generation, there fore a little simpler han 593 DHG, so it can reach higher powers?

Justin

I just wanted to let you guys know that the current sale (Fri to Mon) is the biggest discount ever offered on a Hercules laser. Right now you can save $2000 on a Hercules-650 (the highest power listed on the website). Check it out: www.laserglow.com/GHE

Oh, and the Aquarius Pro is bigger only because it must accommodate the full 5-point safety system to make it FDA compliant. It uses the same laser module inside as the standard Aquarius. The extra mass gives it a slightly better duty cycle, but it's essentially the same laser.

Justin

Okay, so that was the biggest dollar-value discount on a Hercules laser, but now I have the best percentage discount ever... For this weekend only the Hercules-450 is on sale for only $1789, which is $1000 less than regular price! This works out to over 35% off, and it's a killer deal for a very, very powerful green laser. Check out our website for more details. Thanks!