Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale: 9mm 445 405-G-2 MagLite Laser with keyswitch, microcontroller, battery mon.

Maglite: $32
Batteries: $22
Heatsink: $29
Microcontroller board parts: $23
Microswitch: $2
Just happens to be $100 of parts. The rest is >4 hours of labor (I have to find time in between studies) and some profit.
I have made so many of these it has become tedious, especially drilling the LED holes by eye, that's the hardest part. I haven't figured out how to measure the same every time on the round Maglite.

I agree, I would not pay that much for a host. :D
I just can't make it cheaper without it being worthwhile. The main thing is, I see it as very unique on LPF and it is a real experience to use. Especially the feel of the microswitch under the original Maglite rubber button.

I will sell the circuit board alone for $40 plus $6 shipping. This includes the two LEDs (normal and bipolar) compatible with it, the temperature sensor, and the microswitch.
It will work in any host with a keyswitch and main switch. Of course you must have room for it. For comparison, you can fit three in a Maglite D. :)

Cool, thanks. I'll definitely keep this in mind if I ever pick up a larger sized host with a keyswitch, unfortunately I don't have any right now :(

tonyt

I have already bought one of nztdm's lasers and it is perfect..I know he's prices may seem a little high but i can tell you they are well worth it!

I am interested in the circuit board and the soft touch switch. Any chance you can post a tutorial for installation?

Where could I get that switch with all the features ? Could I get it from you? If so pm me so I can get the price. ;)