Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Safety" glasses......

A 1min video I whipped together in literally less than 5 minutes to show wicked lasers glasses vs the popular Chinese crap you get with every cheap eBay laser. Have a look and let me know your thoughts. Thanks dudes

https://youtu.be/N6i0jECT21I

Strangely, those cheap glasses are like useless for ~450nm, but work just fine with green lasers. Oddly enough, green colored HDE laser safety glasses do a just fine job blocking out blues and violets.

Reactions: GSS

joeyss

Strangely, those cheap glasses are like useless for ~450nm, but work just fine with green lasers. Oddly enough, green colored HDE laser safety glasses do a just fine job blocking out blues and violets.

I have 2 shades of green one lighter and darker they block red 405 445 and are coated to block ir. the darker one even blocks some 561.

Frozenferrari

I just ran this test on the supplied glasses for a 3W (true) cheap kit.

It burned a hole in the glasses faster than it does paper. Needless to say those are going in the garbage and a pair of Eagles was purchased this very night.

I had my concerns and searched here for a post like this. This very video may have just saved my eyes and career from a mistake that was looming in the future. Seriously dude. Hats off. Infact, keep my hat. I appreciate this video so much for what I learned from it.

If you cant justify $48 shipped then you arent ready for high power lasers... and thats coming from a noob. Stay safe everyone! Cheers

Last edited:

Anthony P

So psychologists have invented a new illness in order to validate themselves. I know many people with real substance abuse issues. Sounds like comparing apples with oranges.

So psychologists have invented a new illness in order to validate themselves. I know many people with real substance abuse issues. Sounds like comparing apples with oranges.
^^^AGREE
''
I also heard that not all the glasses are safe. For instance, https://www.theguardian.com/science...ss-user-treated-addiction-withdrawal-symptoms describes the google glasses that can be the reason of serious problems with health. It is rather sorrow.

BUT what does this mean?... Gosh Josh are you confusing smoking GLASS (speed) & ?health problems ? from glass glasses or googles or goggles.

wth??

I am not clicking the link btw