Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety glasses.

dragonbgn

Hey guys! I'm going to be getting a 1.2W 445nm laser, i just want another opinion on those safety glasses that i'm going to be getting because they are pretty expensive and i also care for my eyesight, a lot. Here they are. What do you guys think of them? EDIT**: I just found another ones, which one are better, and whats the difference between them? Here is the other pair: https://www.survivallaser.com/Eagle...ver_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p556088_3346945.aspx

GSS

The 2nd ones you posted are slip over style, which will better fit over reading glasses or regular glasses you might wear.
They are a little better rated at OD6 than the first but the first ones at OD5 are great protection also.

dragonbgn

The 2nd ones you posted are slip over style, which will better fit over reading glasses or regular glasses you might wear.
They are a little better rated at OD6 than the first but the first ones at OD5 are great protection also.

Oh i didnt even notice that, i do wear glasses to correct my vision, guess ill be getting them, they are fine for 1.2W 445nm lasers right?

Encap

What GSS and Hap have said ^^^.

Instead of asking mentally challenged "help me" questions on LPF, as if it was a babysitting forum, try actually opening and using your eyes to read what the seller says about the product he is offering, to "even notice".

At least read it here---the product description says very clearly :
"Eagle Pair® brand protective laser safety goggles for 190-540nm wavelength, in a 'slip over' frame style for individuals who wear corrective glasses. These goggles have exceptional visible light transmission (rated at 50%) and yet protect to a level of OD6+ (reduce the intensity of 190-540nm laser light by a factor of 1,000,000 or more). They are suitable for use with many laser wavelengths within the specified protection range including 405nm violet, 445nm blue, 520nm direct green and 532nm DPSS green lasers that DO NOT produce significant amounts of unfiltered 1064nm infrared light. These Eagle Pair goggles may be used when looking at the spot created by a 1,000 watt or lower power laser on a non-reflective surface. However, you should NEVER look directly into a laser beam or its direct reflection even when wearing laser safety goggles. Eagle Pair laser safety goggles come with a cleaning cloth and protective case. Note: These goggles are for personal use only, not for any commercial use that is regulated by OSHA. "

Last edited:

dragonbgn

Yep! Those would provide more than enough protection for that kind of laser :)

-Alex

Btw with my laser can i look at the spot at the wall? Thank you! Also do you have any tips on what to and not do with the glasses or when using the laser at all? its gonna be my first one :)

dragonbgn

Tip: Use common sense and wear them at all times when the laser is on. lol

See: https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/hit-in-eye-with-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser.69469/

PS Трудно е да повярвам, че не просто си тролинг LPF с въпроси на ниво идиот.
Използвайте здравия разум и ги носете по всяко време, когато лазерът е включен. хаха.
Рискувате да бъдете забранени от LPF да бъдете трол „помогнете ми“.

I dont speak russian im sorry.