Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety glasses for every wavelength

varganorbert222

Hello!

My question is, are there protective glasses for lasers that pretty much cover the entire visible range?
Can you recommend such glasses that can be purchased in the EU?
It would be a bonus if I could wear it comfortably even though I wear glasses.

Thanks!

Viruzzz

No, they don't exist. if you lowered the intensity of all wavelengths of light that would be like wearing glasses that are very very nearly solid black, you would have almost 0 visible light make it through and you would effectively be blind.

You can however get 2 pairs that between them will cover most normal laser wavelengths, but they will have to be partially transparent in some part of the spectrum or you can't see with them

varganorbert222

No, they don't exist. if you lowered the intensity of all wavelengths of light that would be like wearing glasses that are very very nearly solid black, you would have almost 0 visible light make it through and you would effectively be blind.

You can however get 2 pairs that between them will cover most normal laser wavelengths, but they will have to be partially transparent in some part of the spectrum or you can't see with them
Can you give me some glasses recommendations for these 2 pairs?

At the Thorlabs link below you can get an idea of what range different laser safety glasses cover and how the covered range can vary in the level of protection, research carefully before you trust a pair of glasses to be certain they will adequately attenuate the wavelength of light you will be working with.

Thorlabs laser safety glasses