Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

safety first?

In my process of planning on making a laser of 200mW (red), I believe I will need goggles. SenKat already recommended me a pair of goggles, but they completely block out the red. I have read these other threads and have noticed that there really isn't a solution. This may be a stupid question, but how will a pair of sunglasses work? I have a pair of oakleys and maybe they have some type of protection ? Well, if worst comes to worst I'll get a pair that completely blocks it out but I'd prefer not to. Any suggestions?

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I am not a laser expert but I am almost positive that sunglasses will offer no protection at all

S

SenKat

Sunglasses are a bad idea.....It opens your pupils wider, thus possibly letting more light into your eyes. Check and compare the wicked sport elite goggles, and their other pair that they have. They may be different OD - also, Novalasers is new here, but I think they may have goggles there, too. Use the Wicked goggles as a "template" of what you do not want, and research from there !

the wicked style goggles offer no IR protection as far as I know but they are very sturdy. I've posted a mini review on them. I have a pair from wicked but I think nova lasers offers the same ones cheaper.