Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety and ebay laser show gear ?

Usually yes as they are programmed most of the time to have their beams flared wide and upwards and moving around rapidly. There have been reports of where the operators have caused harm to people in the audience because they did not use the device correctly.
Be careful of the pointed down to the stage if there are reflective items such as chrome mic stands or drum kit.

Yes and no. This is a common servo / stepper type chinese laser that are the most common of all the cheaper projectors.
Technically they aren't legal because there's no way they come with an operational variance, so lets get that out of the way. Are Ninja's from the FDA going to drop out of the ceiling if you use it? Nope. I see this type of unit in bars all the time...some running 500mw or higher blues.
At it's power level it's really not a danger unless the mirrors stop working and fixed beam hits somebody in the eye at close range. Think of the same dangers if you had a laser pointer in the same power range. My main reason for not running them is they kind of annoy people when the green laser smacks somebody in the face, which again is no different than hitting somebody in the face with a 30mW green pointer. Get a couple beers in them and it can start to piss somebody off sitting at a table near a stage. What I do is take units like these, pop the cover off, and unplug the Y motor on each head. What you then get is a bunch of lasers doing 2-D only, but it's liquid sky and you can orient the beams safely over people's heads, and it looks just as cool if not more. In it's current state you won't be able to keep the beams out of face range of a crowd because they scatter all over the place. Remember you need a fair amount of smoke or haze for these things to look good.