Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

S3 krypton

Hello Everyone!

So my laserbee will be arriving soon and I couldn't help but to ask a couple questions before hand.

What is splash? And how do I know if my laser has it?

My laser comes out in angle is that normal for green lasers?

Also my laser has this flash light affect were it has a like a minor cone affect. Is that normal?

Sorry for all the noon questions. I would really appreacite answes!

Hello Everyone!

So my laserbee will be arriving soon and I couldn't help but to ask a couple questions before hand.

What is splash? And how do I know if my laser has it?

My laser comes out in angle is that normal for green lasers?

Also my laser has this flash light affect were it has a like a minor cone affect. Is that normal?

Sorry to start with this but wicked lasers products are shit. But as far as any problems with your laser you should take a picture of the beam and the point and post it

Last edited:
I have seen many green lasers where the beam does come out of the aperture crooked.
Probably due to crystal alignment....??

As far as the flashlight "cone" effect, most dpss 532 laser modules have a lens that is threaded.
You turn the threaded lens nut to focus the beam. This should clean up the "dot" to a point.
I'm not sure if this is the case for the Krypton, as I do not have one. :cool:

I have seen many green lasers where the beam does come out of the aperture crooked.
Probably due to crystal alignment....??

As far as the flashlight "cone" effect, most dpss 532 laser modules have a lens that is threaded.
You turn the threaded lens nut to focus the beam. This should clean up the "dot" to a point.
I'm not sure if this is the case for the Krypton, as I do not have one. :cool:

Thank you so much for your response. Means a lot for the knowledge im just starting out and i want to know things to look for to know if its a good laser or not.

No problem. This forum is full of knowledge and a ton of people who will help you learn.
We all have to start somewhere. :beer: ;)

Hello Everyone!

Before testing your WL Laser.....

please-490.gif
read the ENTIRE User Instructions BEFORE you
handle/use your new LaserBee LPM to assure years of
accurate and trouble free operation of your LaserBee
and Thermopile...

Jerry

Jerry ill read it and follow it as if it were a divine document. And thank you rocket689. I already got an RMA process set up. Wicked has been good to me. If it breaks they replace it for me. :)

Last edited:
Hope I got some rep for this :)
2 minute interval for the krypton sound good?
IR filter to measure the lasers IR?
Pics and beamshots?
actual measured divergence?

What else should be included?

Try doing a 5 minute LPM test (I wouldn't be surprised if most Kraptons lose half their power after only 2-3 minutes).

To test for IR leakage, you can use laser goggles or filmstrip negatives to block out the green light.

I don't think I got a cherry but the power on mine is acceptable to me. It does seem to need to "warm up" to get to power. Remember that this is a portable and with a single cell for power.
5956-power1.jpg

OOPS -- that's an 80 second run. It was still going strong and little felt heat on the head.

Here's a longer run. Remember that there's no cooling. This isn't a labby. I can't explain the graph but it is usually 900 mW until power sag from the single cell. This draws a BUNCH of current.

5991-power2.jpg

Steve says that it is IR filtered. As I recall, I measured about 6 mW of IR output.

HMike

Last edited: