Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RPL/crossfire 300mW

Hey Im new to the forums but not to the world of lasers. Im currently looking into buying the crossfire 300 and i was wondering if anyone here owns it or the RPL. If anyone does could you please tell me how you like it and maybe post some pictures of it in action :cool: thank you

T

timelord

Techlasers sell clones fakes call them what you want, but you can not compare a clone to a real RPL from a reputable company like OPTOTRONICS.
Don't believe the hype ;)

Rhith

Exactly what timelord said. Optotronics gives you the case, charger, battery and longer warranty so over all it saves you money, frustration, and wasting your time with a scam.

welcome to LPF coconuthead! while i think we're only 99% sure rather than 100% sure that techlasers stuff is cheap counterfeit crap being sold as the real thing, their website itself is definitely utterly full of crap. they used to claim to be the *official* distributor of CNIs - bs, laserglow are. they used to claim to sell all laserglow/dragon/optotronics lasers - again bs, what they sell are almost certainly counterfeit copies, and they weren't selling (copies of) all models by those companies, just a few. and look at their orange and blue laser pages descriptions - they seem to think they invented orange lasers, and invented heatsinking lasers, and also seem to think that their blue lasers are the only blue lasers to emit a blue beam (of course, because all existing blue lasers emit yellow beams!). so yeah, my own opinion is that when a website lies so much and contains so much bs, the company itself can't be trusted. plus, remember that LPF members get a 7.5% discount off an RPL, if you were considering that too :)

good choice, hope you enjoy it! :) apparently, if you get the adjustable cap and keep it at the recommended maximum setting (indicated in the documentation you get with it), it has a 100% duty cycle, too. i'm currently saving up for an RPL-300...