Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RPL 350 turns off a street light!!!

Arayan

Traditionally those use CDS cells for the "electric eye"

This web page I found describes and has a wavelength graph and all kinds of data on those.

NTC thermistor, Temperature probe, Light sensor

Thanks Photon :)
On the basis of this graph
image003.jpg
seems that these sensors were sensitive also to near-infrared light...Someone that owns an infrared laser with adequate power (I have only one of 70 mw 808 nm) could test :)

I personally would be afraid to do that. It looks like the street light is on another block and you can not see if people are near it or not because of the fence in your way. With 350mw I would be concerned that the light bounces off the glass of the street light and into someones eye that just happens to be walking down the street or in their front yard.

Is there a reason this is not a concern?

Last edited:

Arayan

we must be careful that no one is nearby (for example in a very deserted road) but, anyway this is not a thing to do every day...

I personally would be afraid to do that. It looks like the street light is on another block and you can not see if people are near it or not because of the fence in your way. With 350mw I would be concerned that the light bounces off the glass of the street light and into someones eye that just happens to be walking down the street or in their front yard.

Is there a reason this is not a concern?

Haha, I did think about that, and checked outside before hand :) It was very cold, so nobody was really out :)... Wish it still lased :(