Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RPL-165

S

SenKat

Well, from what I have seen of Optotronics stuff - I could not give a fair decision...the only one I saw was broken after 4 owners, etc....I think if it is not adjustable, it would be better - so if there is an option for you, go for the set output level, IMO.

Actually the adjustable model is better.
It allows you to get the maximum output from your laser.
This is because the diode current can be adjusted by the user to obtain maximum brightness without over saturating the crystal with IR, which can reduce output and or degrade stability.

With the non-adjustable model, you get full current at all times. It's nice to be able to reduce power as well if you desire it.

Lasercraze,
I promise you won't be disappointed and if it's not enough power for you, I'll offer to let you upgrade to a higher output model within 3 days of use.
Also, checkout our testimonials page.
I just added a letter I got from a physics professor who just got the RPL-165. There's also pictures he sent me showing his lecture with it.

i like the idea that you can lower the power on the laser to 20-30 mw for more a indoor purpose. The only thing is i need to get some decent glasses to use.

Kenom

Bootleg2go, This is why I love your company. Offering an upgrade to a higher power if your not satisfied with the power of one is AWESOME. I don't currently own one of your lasers but it was going to be my first 150+ mw laser purchase. When I can afford it of course. Now I'm positive I'm going to buy when I've got the cash. Standing behind your customers is first and foremost in my book and you go above and beyond.
Kudoo's.