Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rohm 100mW+ red laser diodes final sale

drlava

Up for sale is the rest of a lot of the ROHM laser diodes RLD65PZB5. They will be shipped untouched in their original anti-static housing. Qty 200 available, then they are gone for good. $15 each. Also, limited qty. aixiz glass lens housings are available for 7.

Purchase Here

Does this mean I will be able to place this in a maglite and have it work? (with batteries and such)

drlava

yes, you would with a little machining creativity and an appropriate resistor in series and capacitor in parallel.

Would these be more or less able to handle power than the GB diodes I got from Greg? I've got mine running at somewhere between 170 and 200mW now w/o cooling. This may sound like a dumb question since you state 100mW+... I guess I don't know how big that + can be!

Thanks for the info!

D

drlava

these are not as hardy as the Sony diodes.. these can do max longterm 100mW @ 190mA. Some people may have reported more for temporary use in a pointer, but for lab-laser type use, that's the max.