Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rifle445 Lens Mod

I thought that maybe I could open it to try to clean or change the lens because of the bubbles that I see when the beam is highly divergent but I feel there is too much risk. :thanks:

Even switching out the lens will not get rid of all those imperfections.

So while a lens swap might help... you won't see too much of a difference.

The only real concern that I see, is that if you don't keep the lens clean, with time, you might melt/deform it, from dust on the lens itself, and from excessively long duty cycles.

My guess is that the your diode window itself has artifacts on it. My rifle has the same problem, I'm going to switch out the diode but I have a pending build that I'm saving the laser budget for :)

How was an increase? 5% or higher?

My guess is about 10% to 15% more power! 20 to 27% more power with 405-G1 but that has other disadvantages.

Also nice tutorial! I added the part that missed here in my own tutorial! (With the glue which makes it difficult :D

greetings,,

My guess is about 10% to 15% more power! 20 to 27% more power with 405-G1 but that has other disadvantages.

Also nice tutorial! I added the part that missed here in my own tutorial! (With the glue which makes it difficult :D

greetings,,

what is this disadvantage?

405-g1 makes your beam over long distances less efficient. Try searching with the search button :)

greetings,,