Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RIFLE 532nm 200mw green laser from Lazerer.com

Ah i see so only the 4 pattern ones are from glass and the other one included is just empty.
what good is a glass lens ? if there is a plastic focusable before that ?

it looks like you can use it without the focus ring ??? too and directly attach a head
but then you will always have a pattern you can get a beam then for throwing far with a small dot ?

you sure one is included ? Because the order update is called 5 projector head upgrade.
That doesnt make everything clearer

Last edited:

The focusing lens is inside the main body of the laser.

Afaik that lens is actually acrylic.

Glass is generally better since it will not scratch up as easily and won't melt as easily... at 200mW not an issue, but it would be at higher powers.

The focusing lens is inside the main body of the laser.

Afaik that lens is actually acrylic.

Glass is generally better since it will not scratch up as easily and won't melt as easily... at 200mW not an issue, but it would be at higher powers.

ah thanks for the info!
but now i really dont get where and how you focus it yourselve ?
the focus lens is inside the main body ? is that easy accesable ?
so its not focusable by turning that ring on the body ?

focus.jpg

so this is not a focus ring what is it ?

its called a focusable burning laser my priorety is not burning but a nice bright beam which reacher very far and doesnt go to a too wide dot, still a good choice?

Last edited:
You turn the part that you circled in red... it moves in and out on regular threads. By changing the distance from diode window to lens you adjust focus.

This is actually IMO the single biggest plus this host has over the arctic.

Hahaha so it is that way hehe oke thanks.
one more question how is the lens fixed in the focus ring is it adjustable too. is it also in normal threading ? and glued there to stick?

because i fine tuned some of the infinate focus in my green cute host lasers.

The lens is a pain in the ass to get to... on two lasers so far it was just screwed in. On one I heard it was glued in though.

Much easier on the cute hosts... with this host you have to basically take EVERYTHING out from the back end to get to it. So honestly, unless it's bad I wouldn't bother with it.

i just pray its good then :p
but are we talking about the same take everything out??. there is a lens is in the ring you can turn? u can screw that off
And in there is a lens in there too which you can adjust ? the ring with the red circle there is a lens in there right how else can you adjust it by turning.

maybey a good picture of it would be nice ;P and clear up alot

Last edited:
The lens is not accessible. Not without opening it up and getting to it from the inside.

You'll see what I mean once you get it.

m0odv

I received in the post today my LAZERER 100mw 532nm rifle,Quicky shipping too (10) days battery and charger included and i am very impressed with the quality of the host and the laser in general,way past my expectations,The beam is visible in daylight and just awsome in the dark.
I have a 5mw red laser pointer and tease my 3 cats. when i fired up the rifle they ran a mile.
This is my second laser from LAZERER the service is excellent and true to their word on power is the reason i will do buisness with them again and again.

How straight is the beam to the host? Mine came and the beam is a good 15-20 degrees off.
Does yours have a lot of blemishes in the anodizing?

To be fair, the blemishes on mine could have been from some misuse on my part too...

I think I have an addiction to this host... already have two on hand, and two more coming:eek:

I have the 200 mw version, tested out at 176 according to lazerer. Not too happy with it, it mode hops bad, sometimes has 3 separate beams its so bad.

How straight is the beam to the host? Mine came and the beam is a good 15-20 degrees off.
Does yours have a lot of blemishes in the anodizing?

Straight as far as I can tell.

I have the 200 mw version, tested out at 176 according to lazerer. Not too happy with it, it mode hops bad, sometimes has 3 separate beams its so bad.

Mine is at 179, but it doesn't mode hop...

Sorry that you got a bad one :(

m0odv

It's focusable, so you can adjust it to your liking.
If set to infinity, it gets rather big after like 25 meters.

(I haven't measured it, though)

My 100mw 532 rifle set to infinity is not big at 25mtrs i assure you.
mine is a perfect beam and a dot over 2000mtrs.
That good i will order a 200mw.....Emm not sure now reading this.

Now i learn about the terminology on mode hopping.my rifle sometimes had two beams emitting but only on fire-up 3-5 seconds.i was puzzled at first..i thought the diode or driver or 18650 was shot..!! by the way the laser driver PCB is minute if you get to the innards.
And yep mine had some pitted areas of the anodizing but no deviation /off axis beam..

While we're on the topic of this laser.I placed an order for another rifle on the 5th november..and no email to say its even shipped yet.I ordered twice in the past and shipped the same day of ordering,Whats the delay now i wonder.Lazerer must be rather busy i guess..

Last edited:

m0odv

The lens is not accessible. Not without opening it up and getting to it from the inside.

You'll see what I mean once you get it.

Yes you can get to the lens.
remove the screw in attachment cowling.i dont have the 5 optic patterns.
The focusing thread you unscrew anti clockwise although its very tight,it will remove..
Then you get to the lens which is glued in on the brass ring.Just unscrew the brass ring with the right tool avoiding any scuffs to the lens.hey presto.

The rifle host has 4 sections you can unscrew.they are glued in places.You see what i mean if you get that far.

Last edited: