Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB Safety Glasses

Anthony P

I am searching for adequate eye protection for RGB of about 1-2 watts each. I have checked the usual shops and find glasses that are close but not quite. There is always a gap in wavelength protection. Are there laser filters lenses that could be stacked? I know other people here at LPF experiment with RGB... what kind of eye protection do you use?

Here is one of those "stupid questions". Since a RGB can create the illusion of any color, do all colors need protection or only the 3 primary wavelengths being used. Seems the only sure-fire protection is a metal blindfold.

If you block RBG
Then you can't see
It's just that easy

Laser safety glasses attenuate a range and the protection you get is not a flat line across that range, for instance you may buy glasses that offer OD5+ protection against 532nm and their protection range might be 400-540nm but they may be only OD2+ at 405nm

Look at the graphs for these various laser safety glasses >

diachi

If you block RBG
Then you can't see
It's just that easy

Laser safety glasses attenuate a range and the protection you get is not a flat line across that range, for instance you may buy glasses that offer OD5+ protection against 532nm and their protection range might be 400-540nm but they may be only OD2+ at 405nm

Look at the graphs for these various laser safety glasses >

RGB glasses are a thing. Laserwave sold them in the past. I had a pair, VLT was terrible, as you'd expect, but you could still see.

RGB glasses are a thing. Laserwave sold them in the past. I had a pair, VLT was terrible, as you'd expect, but you could still see.

Interesting, I did not know a RGB pair of laser safety glasses were made although I have made my own before and yes, the visible light transmission was awful, much like looking through a welders mask.

Another option is to use a VR visor and a cam or similar set up, I had made such a thing for viewing IR beams but I now need reading glasses and need to make another set that will fit over my reading glasses, the VR visor was inexpensive and has a cool color LCD that I will repurpose.

Attachments

• SANY4092.JPG
    SANY4092.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 8
  • SANY4095.JPG
    SANY4095.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 8
  • SANY4094.JPG
    SANY4094.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 6
  • SANY4098.JPG
    SANY4098.JPG