Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB laser on Amazon ?

Been a while since I've been on this forum, a lot has changed. Just wanted to throw this out there for those people, including myself, that check out the many RGB modules for sale. I ran across two different RGB modules from a seller on Amazon.

Wanted to put it out there because 1, they appear to be different than the others and 2, the price doesn't seem to be "that" high for what is listed, if it is accurate. The add says they are using 638, 520 and 450nm. 1 lower power at 250mW and 1 higher at 1250mW.

Thought about getting the 250 unit, but wanted to see if anyone else has seen or has any info on them.

https://www.amazon.com/250mw-White-...&qid=1495651597&sr=8-119&keywords=520nm+laser

https://www.amazon.com/1250mw-refle...d=1495730312&sr=8-36&keywords=white+rgb+laser

Any thoughts ?

Look pretty cute, but here is our dear friend and member that it has done so , and it is better than the ones sold by Amazon !

Look pretty cute, but here is our dear friend and member that it has done so , and it is better than the ones sold by Amazon !

Pretty cute is right, haven't seen these before, looks different from the normal RGB's I've seen from China. I wonder if there are others like it?

I found the two, though different powers and divergence diodes, used the same assemblies to combine beams and dissipate heat. That seems problematic to me. Also, Amazon is overpriced when compared to other sites. Thanks for the links, though. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Not a bad find. Green diodes have definitely improved the size of RGB modules.
Although the 250mW looks the better out of the two based on the ratio and possible beam specs.
Still, can't beat the Optlasers 400mW RGB for colour and beam specs.

Pretty cute is right, haven't seen these before, looks different from the normal RGB's I've seen from China. I wonder if there are others like it?

I remember not to long ago who posted that article here if badboybilly or redcowboy , had made the identical RGB and I liked it a lot ! if I buy it I will definitely order from them and not from Amazon ! my personal opinion !