Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB Handheld!

There are threads here that have gone on for many months about this laser. Only recently has a price of $900 been proposed after the initial $950 was not well received. For that kind of money, I would rather get the module and driver from Opt as they have had theirs out for quite sometime now. I think a gadget guy's wet dream would be to put one of these together himself. :whistle:

goonmad

There are threads here that have gone on for many months about this laser. Only recently has a price of $900 been proposed after the initial $950 was not well received. For that kind of money, I would rather get the module and driver from Opt as they have had theirs out for quite sometime now. I think a gadget guy's wet dream would be to put one of these together himself. :whistle:

Already in the works my friend, already in the works. ;-)

I will have to see what Sharp comes up with. That announcement is from 2017, so it doesn't look like it will be coming very soon. If they can produce an RGB laser diode it remains to be seen if it can be combined into a solitary beam. They are claiming to get white from the mixing of the colors, but not that it can be converged.

I don't think it's worth it knowing there are 3-in-one RGB diodes planned by sharp. Won't have to worry about alignment getting out of whack. The main problem getting the right lens ($$$) to collimate the different wavelengths into a single beam... Still probably cheaper though.

http://opto2017.icsbizmatch.jp/Detail/en?val=y5yK4Byl9_1zeYJ499bUjA

I think 185mW RGB module price was 280 USD, IIRC

screenshot-www.sei.co.jp-2019.01.03-07-12-17.png

Are these available from somewhere that you know of? That package is larger than I expected, but with an integrated TEC, I suppose it is about as small as they could make it. I wonder how well the three beams are collimated and if they actually are aligned into a single beam. If that is possible, this would be a much better alternative to the Sanwu $900 laser. It certainly seems to have control over the amount of power from each diode, so changing the beam's color wouldn't be difficult to accomplish.

Are these available from somewhere that you know of? That package is larger than I expected, but with an integrated TEC, I suppose it is about as small as they could make it. I wonder how well the three beams are collimated and if they actually are aligned into a single beam. If that is possible, this would be a much better alternative to the Sanwu $900 laser. It certainly seems to have control over the amount of power from each diode, so changing the beam's color wouldn't be difficult to accomplish.

screenshot-web.facebook.com-2019.01.03-10-01-07.png

Min. order is 10 pcs :(

In fact, it is not difficult to integrate 3 in 1, but we will get 1 diode with 6 pins,if sharp can provide 9mm diode RGB with 6pins,it is interesting

The sharp ones don't exist yet - those ones linked are by another company. Though I'd imagine what they come up with will be similar. Knowing sharp, I'd expect to be able to get a good deal more power out

The sharp ones don't exist yet - those ones linked are by another company. Though I'd imagine what they come up with will be similar. Knowing sharp, I'd expect to be able to get a good deal more power out

Nope, its a HUGE Corporation with many divisions

screenshot-global-sei.com-2019.01.03-14-33-19.png

That to me says sharp used the rgb-one in their RoBoHoN projector, not their own LD's (which sharp didn't have the tech for green yet in 2016). What I linked was sharp saying they plan to make their own version now that they figured out green LD's.

As far as I can find, sharp isn't a part of sumimoto electric.

diachi

11x13.2x5.7mm is bigger than you expected for an RGB module using discrete diodes and combining optics? That's not much bigger than those tiny OPSLs. About 1mm shorter, 5mm wider and 1.5mm taller. Impressive for an RGB module, optics and TEC all in one.