Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review on 5mw Core

rlp92

I bought a 5mw WL Core as my first greenie and i am very impressed.
Much brighter than expected and beam is clearly visable at night or in a dark room
I just received today, but i will take a video of it when i get the chance
I suggest to get this laser, if you are looking for a first green laser that is safe and don't need protection for.
I rate 10/10, so far no problems

Amnizu

You need protection for any laser. A 5mW Core is safer than a 35mW Advanced, but it's still not safe. All lasers are inherently unsafe due to their nature. They can travel great distances very easily and both reflections and direct exposures can be dangerous to eyesight. Be careful with it.

Razako

Amnizu said:
You need protection for any laser. A 5mW Core is safer than a 35mW Advanced, but it's still not safe. All lasers are inherently unsafe due to their nature. They can travel great distances very easily and both reflections and direct exposures can be dangerous to eyesight. Be careful with it.
Saying that you need eye protection for a core is a bit extreme. Still you do need to be careful with it and use common sense.

Amnizu

Razako said:
[quote author=Amnizu link=1205891309/0#1 date=1205898540]You need protection for any laser. A 5mW Core is safer than a 35mW Advanced, but it's still not safe. All lasers are inherently unsafe due to their nature. They can travel great distances very easily and both reflections and direct exposures can be dangerous to eyesight. Be careful with it.
Saying that you need eye protection for a core is a bit extreme. Still you do need to be careful with it and use common sense.[/quote]

Yeah I wouldn't go so far as to say you actually need goggles when using the Core, but it's very likely that he's going to buy another, more powerful laser in the future and he'll need goggles for that.

rlp92

heh, i dont shine it in my eyes, 5mw cant do much damage even if i get a short glance of it off a reflection, it causes temp. visual imparment. Not anything dangerous as long as you don't be a dumbass