Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of Lazerer stick 1W LZSK

LAZERER STICK 1W 445NM

As far as I can find there are no reviews for this laser so this is the first :) (As well as my first review)
I POINTED THIS BEAST AT THE SKY AND NOT ONLY COULD YOU SEE THE BEAM 50FT+ AWAY YOU COULD ALSO SEE THE DOT IN THE CLOUDS AWESOME

Processing
6/10

I ordered the laser on 1/27/12. Max of course was on vacation at this time until 2/1/12. So I waited patiently. On 2/7/12 I sent him an email regarding battery confusion he responded within a day and said my laser will be processed soon. I sent him another email on 2/14/12 regarding why it was taking so long he responded quickly again great customer service. The laser was shipped 2/15/12.

Shipping
10/10

The shipping was free so I expected a 3 week wait but it was shipped EMS apparently probably due to the long processing time THANKS MAX.
119o64x.png

The Laser :D
10/10
2uzosqw.png

I got the power certificate with the laser here are the results
Output(Max): 980mw
Output(Stable): 980mw

The laser itself is awesome it is 7 inches long (My lucky number :)) and 3/4 inch thick. It is awesomely big. I calculated the beam divergence at 1.2mRad. It will burn everything I can light candles burn matches instantly and cut match's in half when focused. When on infinity it lights matches after 1-2 seconds and burns pretty much anything. It goes through a CD case in around 5 seconds. (My first laser that can do so). It is very well built. I love it.

Overall
9.5/10

Would be 10/10 except for the processing issue, sorry Max :(

Extra's
The laser will also work with CR123 3.0V batteries. It is not as bright as when I use the 3.6V batteries it came with. The beam is very visible, much more visible than the 50mw 532 I have. The beam is visible outside right now and it is 4:00pm (16:00) with snow on the ground it is cloudy though. The laser is also waterproof although I do not plan on testing that lol. The beam is blue and only purplish when I use it outside cause it is pretty bright out. It makes glow stuff glow great. I can engrave wood with it and light matches "the hard way". It light's candles with ease which I'm happy about :). It will ignite paper quite well when focused :). The laser get's hot around the 45 second mark and I strictly follow the duty cycle. It's the perfect laser IMO 1. It's blue (my favorite color) 2. It burns everything (I'm a pyro) 3. It looks amazing 4. It is exactly 7 inches long (As said before my lucky number :))​

5vatdz.png

Really cool pic

35krdef.png

Beam Shot

dw9hle.png

The Dot

wn04l.png

The Dot (again)

e9yyrm.png

Output

6zn2ud.png

Output 2

znvcwh.png

Unfocused

1621t0z.png

Engraved wood (Top was done while focused bottom was done on infinity(BS is my initials btw))

2lscohs.png

When I laze the ceiling yellow/orange stuff glow's :eg:

2nk1i5x.png

Another beam shot this one during the middle of the day and beam still visible

zxs0w8.png

Comparison to 50mw 532nm (Mind you this was at 5:00pm (17:00))

2hrh21i.png

Comparison to 50mw 532nm (On wall)

2n20b9g.png

Comparison to 50mw 532nm (On black plastic (actually started to burn it with the 445nm even though it was 2 1/2 feet away)

*Sorry for the bad quality pic's I forgot my camera in Florida :oops: so all I have is my phone

p.s. What do you guy's think of this review ?
p.s.s. I have tried the laser with 2x3.0V, 2x3.6V and 2x3.7V and could not see a difference. Is there much of a difference when using different power batteries or it does not matter ? I do not have an LPM to test.
p.s.s.s. It broke 2 months later :scowl:

Last edited:

I was really considering getting this exact one but I ended up ordering a cyber 1W instead. Its still processing (which sucks). I ordered it on sunday so its still within the reasonable limit. I just hope I get it soon. anywho... Really nice laser. I really feel something special for that host... Maybe its the color?

D

Deleted member 22482

I wouldn't call 15 days processing excellent. Good review.

Very nice pics. Gatta love that blue color :drool:. I really cant wait till i get mine. XD

A30N

I have the same laser, at 1.2W. The first photo is me shining the laser above Hollywood from the top of Mt. Hollywood in Griffith Park. Cellphone camera just doesn't begin to do it justice.

I do believe the host is a bit too large for the 16340's (second photo, notice the gap between battery and host?), and I had to add some rubber spaces to prevent the batteries from rattling around. I'm also thinking of trying a pair of 18500's, my preliminary measurements suggest they would just barely fit. Other than that, it's a great laser. I use primarily to signal other members of my hiking group when night hiking in the wilderness, and it also doubles as a very effective long-range blue flashlight when its unfocused all the way (it reaches much farther than any of my white flashlights).

The host is nice, but again, over-sized for the batteries in both width and length. I would be very interested in transplanting the optics into a smaller host with a forward-mounted switch, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ZzZ6q.jpg

xUVvM.jpg

I would edit the original review but then no one would see this: I threw a red balloon out my window (on the 2nd floor) and let it fall to the ground I then was able to pop it with the laser after about 5sec's with no problem. (The laser was focused on infinity) :eg:

God im so jealous!!! I really cant wait till I get my laser. It got "shipped" on tuesday but it wont leave china till Monday :eek::eek::eek:!!! If im lucky I will get it by this friday...

Well I just picked up my laser today from the post office. It is a very sexy laser. Host is a tad bit thinner then I imagined. Its outputting 971mW (According to Max that is). :D

so witch is brighter in person the 50mw green or the blue one? also how is the divergence on the blue laser for hitting far away things?

Last edited: