Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review Gearbest 809 5mW 650nm 16340 Zoomable Red Laser Pointer Pen

809 Durable 5mW 650nm 16340 Zoomable Red Laser Pointer Pen for Burning Matches-8.63 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Order:
Since i dont have a red laser yet i thought i should buy a cheap one to see so i have been looking at gearbest stuff for a while and thought i give them a chance and see what you get, for 7.95$ you cant go wrong.
Got email it was shipped 12/08/2014 and considering the holidays etc it came pretty quick to Sweden from Singapore regular post.

Review:
The host is small but feels sturdy it takes 1 x 16340 battery and it has a regular clicky button, click once to power on and once more to power off, easy like any flashlight. I dont have any lpm so i cant tell how many mW it has but it feels powerful, i am not sure how many mW 650nm needs to be somewhat visible when its dark, over 50 or ? And my camera sucks also hard to take any shots of the beam but i tryied taking one with my 100mW 405 to show how it compares.

I would say for being a 5mW laser its damn bright, its slightly less visible the beam in darkness then my 405 100mW laser so my guess is the power is a bit under 100mW or so but thats just me guessing.

UiHr6Zh.jpg

ISCsXkv.jpg

wMWnSUZ.jpg

yjcg4LJ.jpg

There is no information here. "it's bright, here's a picture" is not a review.

A review is a critical analysis of the product typically against the manufacturers claims.

Last edited:
Although I know it's not perfect, this tool suggest for the 650nm beam to be as visible as your 100mW 405nm it would be about 30mW so your new laser is likely to be less than 30mW. (That's assuming you didn't have any smoke etc in the room - otherwise it would be closer to 5mW).

There is no information here. "it's bright, here's a picture" is not a review.

A review is a critical analysis of the product typically against the manufacturers claims.

well i am not an expert in lasers or doing reviews and as i said it was to give an idea what to expect from this, dont see anything wrong in that? and my phone dont captures the beams very good but its better then nothing or and i dont have an lpm either.

clansley i see thanks for info good to know, no i didnt use any smoke lol.

that website you linked just gives me an error

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Unspecified error

/lsrtools/RelativeBrightness/index.asp, line 313

Last edited: