Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reverse battery placement.

If we put the batteries in reverse and the laser does not work,which of the internals has collapsed?And can I repair it?

Theodore, did you break my laser?
Please tell me it's not the one I sent you.

:cryyy:

Last edited:
Hi Antrea.
Glad to hear from you.
And no,it is not your laser.It is a cheapy blue laser,which is delivered to me, instead of the SHARP EAGLE ZQ-LA-301 445nm I had ordered.
I am stupid enough to insist on ordering this laser,while they send me another.
They have made it three times,refunding the two previous, but insisting that the last is the same with the ordered one.
About my question,do you know if I can repair it if it is dead because of putting batteries in reverse?
Somethoing else now.
Are there photos of beams from big blue lasers of 6~7W side by side with a small one to compare?I ask because someday I hope I can buy a big one if its beam is remarkably wider than that of the small one.
I already have a 3X Sanwu BE which is now on your laser,so I am ready to put it on a big laser,if I finally buy it.:)
Thank you again for your gift.
I wish you health,
Theodore.

Thank God it was only a cheap laser and not the good unit.
I can't help you with the reverse battery situation, I'd say it's damaged and not worth repairing but I'm not an expert on that.
Someone else more knowledgeable than me might be able to answer you.

I don't have a side by side beam comparison with a 7W blue but I can tell you it's a big difference compared to a low powered one.
The beam looks substantial, you would be surprised at how it looks.
The one I sent you is also a strong beam so it's similar.
But compared to a low powered blue, the beams of a 3W and 7w is huge.
Also with a 3x Beam Expander it will be awesome.

The only good beam shot of a powerful blue one that I have is the one below.
I took it in my back yard.

Hope you get the problem solved Theodore and I wish you good health and a Very Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you and your family.
God Bless.

Andrew

_MG_7225.jpg

If we put the batteries in reverse and the laser does not work,which of the internals has collapsed?And can I repair it?

If you inserted the batteries in reverse and then you
put them in the correct direction and the Laser does
not work and assuming it was a newly acquired Laser
then....

1) the Laser never worked when you got it.

2) you burnt the CC LD driver.

3) if you can open the Laser Host and change the
Driver (again assuming you have the skills) you could
repair the Laser if the LD was still functioning.

4) the repair would also depend on costs.. if the repair
is worth doing.

Jerry

These cheap eBay pointers are not worth the effort, expense to try to repair after inserting the batteries backwards. These pointer go for anywhere from $2.00 to $8.00 and are definitely throw away items.

It’s normally the driver, most don’t have polarity protection. Every single Sifi laser I repaired, and ones I repaired for customers who bought Grooves or Sinner lasers, had burnt out ICs and/or resistors. The diodes were all ok. You might therefore be able to replace the driver at minimal cost:beer: