Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RESOLVED___This will take 3.7 seconds to answer

i got a Stonetek diode a couple days ago and i managed to convert it into an LED with a 9volt battery and a fusion driver. Adjusting the pot....

Anyway, i am planning on buying another one but this time I'm going to use a fixed output driver.
What driver would you suggest and what mA output should i buy?

The ones rkcstr makes look pretty good but they are currently not taking orders. I am willing to wait for them to be in production again but i still need to know what power i need to ask for. (these are also less expensive than most)

tell me what to use

please dont tell me to search the forums because i have and all that ive found is a bunch of outdated tutorials that have contradictory information, different drivers, power and stuff.

Re: This will take 3.7 seconds to answer!!!!!!

ask rckstr about a fixed 300ma one i believe that would do you fine
I hope i am correct i think i have a sentek with a 300ma  somewhere i havent completed the build yet thinking about putyting it in a kenobarrel KRYTON groove

oh and i timed it took me 1.5 minutes I'm a lousy chicken pecker typer lol

its ok i work with chickens well actually we kill 500,000 a day here you read it right 2.5 million a week

jayrob

Re: This will take 3.7 seconds to answer!!!!!!

maxotar said:
i got a Stonetek diode a couple days ago and i managed to convert it into an LED with a 9volt battery and a fusion driver. Adjusting the pot....

Anyway, i am planning on buying another one but this time I'm going to use a fixed output driver.
What driver would you suggest and what mA output should i buy?

The ones rkcstr makes look pretty good but they are currently not taking orders. I am willing to wait for them to be in production again but i still need to know what power i need to ask for. (these are also less expensive than most)

tell me what to use

please dont tell me to search the forums because i have and all that ive found is a bunch of outdated tutorials that have contradictory information, different drivers, power and stuff.

First think about which host/battery configuration. The driver you choose will depend on that.

300mA's with a Senkat diode is a good spot as john_lawson suggested. For an open can diode, you can go 420mA's with good results. For these examples, you would want to use a heatsink in your host.

I have a tutorial of an MXDL side button host that may be of interest to you:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1217045236
Jay