Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

resolved

GSS

Re: Sci-Fi Laser Horror.... being resolved

I know the postal service beats the hell out of every package I get, usually 8 out of 8 corners are smashed, I think they throw and kick the dam things around.
I got a big screen tv shipped and the corner of the dam thing was sticking out of the busted cardboard box.
I have been wanting to ship a package back to myself from my moms house up on the lake 50 miles away with a couple pin hole cameras and shock sensors inside then post the highlights on youtube.
I was thinking of calling it: What can brown bust the F&%k out of for you?
HaHa! good stuff wish I could rep you but it wont let yet.:D

gozert

I know, its he diode that also gets extra amps wich increases the mrad as well.

Divergence doesn't change by pushing through more or less current.

On a side note. I doubt the host could've been so severely damaged just by shipping it. This kind of damage doesn't look like it could've been caused by bumping it into something. It's more as if something went wrong when manufacturing the host, it's as if something hit it while the metal was really hot.

Last edited:

this host was completley clean when it was shipped believe me. I got a stack of 50 of them at home.

I polish them my self.

this diode has a bad divergance. this is how it is. you csn buy one and check your self :)

gozert

Not here to argue, but I doubt this happened when shipping. If any host would have the damage this host had, then I doubt the diode would've survived it. And aside of that, he said that the packaging was not damaged at all. I doubt you'd ship a damaged host though, considering you're replacing the whole laser for him.

Like previously said, the diode is known for it's ridiculous divergence and one should know this before buying the laser. Can't blame Eitan for that.

Last edited:

Not here to argue, but I doubt this happened when shipping. If any host would have the damage this host had, then I doubt the diode would've survived it. And aside of that, he said that the packaging was not damaged at all. I doubt you'd ship a damaged host though, considering you're replacing the whole laser for him.

Like previously said, the diode is known for it's ridiculous divergence and one should know this before buying the laser. Can't blame Eitan for that.

This host is like 550grams so it is very heavy and a bump can make that happen.

These diodes are not so sensitive to shocks. Some diodes are. But apparently these are not :)

Anyways Thanks for the support ! :)

Reactions: ped

ped

Glad to see it's getting sorted.

That sound's like an insane laser.

His laser is ready to go. He wants a blue host so it will be painted now and shipped on Friday :)

Glad this got all worked out for you in the end. Eitan is good to his customers. I must agree that I don't see how that sharp deep gouge could have possibly happened wrapped in bubble wrap during shipping. Something metal had to of struck that host.

Probably just wasn't noticed while wrapping the package up.
Nice laser you got there. It was really cool to see it on video rather than still pics. I have been wanting a Arcane host in white so this was helpful to me to decide.
rep for you.

here i am again. He did solve my issue, got a new laser with room for a extra 18650 and blue. i asked if it was possible, if he would make a new one anyway. I paid extra for the extension, but the blue costs were on him.

However: during the process of resolving my issue he forgot to reply to my emails about 15 times, and forgot to do something he promised an equal about 15 times.

All in all, at the end: i CAN recommend doing business with him. But you have to accept to keep sending emails over, over and over again. He has no memory at all xD. Not exaggerating here.

The laser i got looks nice, is really powerful and is running on 2 non-protected 18650. it does not run on protected batteries.

Here is a image: http://i.imgur.com/MFctJ0N.jpg Looks kinda purple on the photos, but its blue. the same problem as the real color i guess, hard for cameras :p

And here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qADh4Ran5NE

as you can see, its too bright for the camera, while the dot end isnt even in the image :p

Last edited:

here i am again. He did solve my issue, got a new laser with room for a extra 18650 and blue. i asked if it was possible, if he would make a new one anyway. I paid extra for the extension, but the blue costs were on him.

However: during the process of resolving my issue he forgot to reply to my emails about 15 times, and forgot to do something he promised an equal about 15 times.

All in all, at the end: i CAN recommend doing business with him. But you have to accept to keep sending emails over, over and over again. He has no memory at all xD. Not exaggerating here.

The laser i got looks nice, is really powerful and is running on 2 non-protected 18650. it does not run on protected batteries.

Here is a image: http://i.imgur.com/MFctJ0N.jpg Looks kinda purple on the photos, but its blue. the same problem as the real color i guess, hard for cameras :p

And here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qADh4Ran5NE

as you can see, its too bright for the camera, while the dot end isnt even in the image :p

Glad it is all okay :beer: