Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Resistor change...Daedals 317 circuit..

chimo

I would recommend going with protected Li-ions where ever possible.

The protection citcuit usually guards against over-charging, over-discharging and short-circuiting.

Always be careful with Li-ion cells. If anyone is un-aware of the safety precautions that should be followed when using Li-ions, I would highly recommend reading up on them.

LarryQ

Good Point....!!!!

Huge disclaimer on that!!!!

I fly Electric Radio controlled Aircraft...Li-Poly's for power/Weight ratios.

Even then Li-Poly's and Li-Ion's need to be respected!!!!

NEVER CHARGE THEM UNATTENDED!!!!

For My Li-Poly's in RC aircraft..I use

http://mysite.verizon.net/kevinkel/index.html

No joke!!!!

I have had a pack go up on me...though it was after a crash..and the pack internally shorted!!

SPECTACULAR!!!!

I hope I NEVER smell that smell again!!!!

LarryQ

Gazoo

Yeah...me too. I am afraid to use the batteries I have since I have read about the problems with unprotected cells. I need to get new protected li-poly batts for my micro helis. And probably a new charger too.

LarryQ

I forgot you were a Rotorhead!!!

I only fly fixed wing now...

After a trip to the hospital after a "Run-In" with my Excell-60..I promised my Lovely Bride...No more helicopters!!

Just when I was getting the hang of the hover!!!!

Oh well....More money for Lasers..!!! ;D

I do wish they had Raptors when I was trying to learn!!!!!

LarryQ

Gazoo

I can hover and move them around a bit all day long, but when it comes to flying them forget it...lol. I never got that far. I did convert them to brushless and carbon blades, good receivers and an awesome Futaba transmitter...all the basic recommended mods. I want to get back into it but it gets so darn expensive...lasers are easier to control... ;D