Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Requesting a buyer - Not anymore, got my laser on way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Requesting a buyer

I want someone else to get me this laser because Nova didn't accept two credit cards I tried to use yesterday (Amex and Visa)

ask someone with, say, visa, to buy it for me.

So if your cards didnt work, then why are you asking someone with Visa to buy the laser. It makes no sense.

And Pontiacg5 is completely correct.

This still smells scam. I would not chance it. It's his own problem. If he was a friend here, and we knew more about him, maybe. With only 3 posts, forget it. Let him solve his own problems.

Qwaps

So if your cards didnt work, then why are you asking someone with Visa to buy the laser. It makes no sense.

Someone outside of Ecuador.

Anyways, now I have the option of sending any of you guys a money order through Western Union. As far as I know, I shouldn't be able to chargeback that in any way, so you would be safer than me. Now what I need is someone to PM me saying that he or she wants to help me. Please don't send me any personal info with your PM, wait until I replay to you. This is because I'll try again around 17:00 EST with an Ecuadorian Diners card, and only if that fails I'll contact you so I can send you the money order.

Grix

Oh but there is, he could do a chargeback against the charge and paypal will reverse the transaction. Fighting a chargeback through paypal is hard, probably even more so on a "gift."

I suggest western union, send the money to someone then have them pay for the laser. It's usually $6 per $100 from the US to anywhere.

What do you mean? You can not open a paypal dispute on a personal payment.

Grix

Oh, didn't know that.. And then paypal will refund all the payments he has sent? Geez, what a system

Toke

Perhaps someone in Novalaser's accounting department could be of help? :D
If contacted they may have good ideas for how they could receive money.

Geez, what a system

Anything can be exploited.

I'm not wasting anymore time on the scam thread. If someone wants to take a chance on a new member from another country, wanting to do some sideways money deal, good luck.

BTW I have some lakefront property in Florida I'm selling cheep. Just $400 down.

MLF.jpg

madog

Perhaps someone in Novalaser's accounting department could be of help? :D
If contacted they may have good ideas for how they could receive money.

This sounds good to me as I'm sure that Nova would like to have his money as much as it sounds like he wants to give it away!

Qwaps

This sounds good to me as I'm sure that Nova would like to have his money as much as it sounds like he wants to give it away!

I've called them several times today, but I get an answering machine. According to the Nova thread on Deals & Discounts they are having a communications black-out of sorts until for these last two days.

Quaps,
You have to understand the magnitude of your request. Ok, you've been a lurker here for a long time. If you had participated this might be easier. Lurkers penalty?
When your 1st post is Welcome and all following posts are front money for me...well...
Then the fact your CC's ,that NL accepts, won't work?....ok...this isn't helping the situation. At least from where I'm seeing it.
PayPal when used as a "Gift", that's pretty much a done deal. They won't accept a dispute because you can't claim you didn't receive anything. If you do, you've violated PP policy (to avoid charges) and risk your account being terminated for abuse.
I'm in the USA and found my bank charges the same $60 fee for an international transfer even if the transfer is $10. Ridiculous, but true.
I emailed the company and offered a bank or postal money order to be mailed before the sale ended. They accepted the offer, but did charge me a $9 handling fee. Still, it made it a very good buy.

Just to be clear, it wasn't NL. It was another company in the UK.

Last edited:

Qwaps

Good news, everyone! (In prof. Farnsworth's voice)

Just now I got to finish the transaction by myself, so I won't be needing your help now. I'm personally glad, as no one volunteered (and I don't blame you) to help me and I got my laser in my way. Anyways, I picked the cheapest shipping method, so maybe in 2-3 weeks I'll have it. Expect some pictures then. Thanks to all, anyways, you've been a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.