Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reputable Seller for Snowboard-Style Safety Goggles?

Rigo13

Hi guys,

Hoping to get a bit of guidance here.

I'm looking to buy this style of laser safety glasses from a reputable seller. I've already bought 3 pairs from SL but would like something 'extra-safe' that would protect the user from any weird-angled reflections. I was thinking of something like these snowboard-goggles style, similar to what styropyro started using in many of his videos.

I found a few websites but there were too many inconsistencies for me to trust them. I don't mind paying a bit more to buy them from a reputable seller, my eyesight is quite important to me😁.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    447.3 KB · Views: 2

Rigo13

Here you go, straight from the source/Chinese manufacturer that makes Eagle Pair which SL resells

I've bought from Taobao before, they'll ship to North America if you ask them nicely
Thank you for the input gazer101.

I'm having a hard time trusting these websites as I found a lot of inconsistencies. I saw people complaining they received OD4+ instead of OD6+, which might signal that they just add OD markings with no basis to it. I understand that the link might be straight from the source, but I'd rather use some reseller who also verifies the glasses (like SL).

Thanks to @RedCowboy on Discord for providing links to some reputable sellers. If anyone is also interested, the sellers I looked at were AZIndustrialLasers, Lasersafetyindustries, EdmundOptics (google them, don't want to break any rules by posting links with my low rep).

Personally, I messaged AZ as they have the same style and they're also pretty affordable ($97). Don't play with your eyesight kids!

gazer101

Sure, if you don't have an LPM to verify them yourself paying 30-40% extra might not be so bad ;)