Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

REPLACEMENT TOOL: Relative Laser Brightness Calculator (Open Source Edition)

Spoomples

rhd hasn't been seen in a while, and his laser calculator has been down as well, so I decided to cobble together a replacement for the community (and myself).
I made this in a few hours as a personal project, so its fairly simplistic. Its open source and uses GitHub as a host, so it should be around for a good long while.

The webpage: https://slickscreen.github.io/laser-tools/brightness/
The repo: https://github.com/slickscreen/laser-tools

LewDude

LPF Site Supporter
Love it. And love that its on git.
Next commit - leave an output box blank (or was it use "?") to have it match relative brightness and produce the output power.
I suck, already asking for more. :)

Thanks x100!!

Spoomples

Love it. And love that its on git.
Next commit - leave an output box blank (or was it use "?") to have it match relative brightness and produce the output power.
I suck, already asking for more. :)

Thanks x100!!

I might do that in the future. It wouldn't be too hard, but work on this will be very on-and-off.

CorneliusCyril

In laser technology it is often said that the term brightness is higher for one type of laser than for another, but rarely with a real quantitative specification (some numbers and units). What usually means is a clearly defined term. This means e.g. that the brightness of a laser is used when the beam quality is reduced to a constant level of power.

Spoomples

I updated the tool a bit. A brightness matching feature has been added, as well as an extremely experimental mesopic correction option for beams.