Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rep system

VillageIdiot said:
Someone neg repped me 'because he can'. ::) I think you should only be able to neg rep if you have a positive rep yourself. This works out so froobs don't damage rightful reputations (not saying my rep is rightful but still) I reckon you should have at least +1 to give neg rep.

I think that's an awful idea.

I participated in a certain group buy where I've been lied to repeatedly and had to wait many months longer than I should have, so I've left a negative rep to warn others of the problems I've had. I don't have any rep points yet because my posts aren't funny enough. If some scammer came on here and made a couple jokes then started -repping his competition it would be BS... same as for you, if you had the ability to rep and I didn't, I'd be pissed right off, since you don't necessarily know anything about lasers, or post anything about lasers, you just spout a few *chan memes and beg for rep in your sig, which makes you credible somehow. No.

PS: no offense, you seem like an okay guy and you've made me laugh on more than one occasion, I mean nothing personal by that.

...not to mention if you needed +1 rep to give negatives, you could always just give it to yourself.

Hehe, you got me on the begging for rep thing xD Removed since the original joke was that I was down due to the rollback but now there's no point is there. And people are weird on *chans, it's not my scene really but they do have some funny stuff which leaks out to other places..