Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rep points-WTF?

D

Deleted member 8382

oh shit how was I gonna know that, I write traduce which sounds perfectly right and it gets accepted by the checker, then it just passed the "it's correct" control lol

btw, you can stop with the F5 hAhahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes for us spanish speakers it does sound right because , traducir , is our way of saying translate.

Fun times.

D

Deleted member 8382

not only in Spanish but also in Catalan which makes me suspect that originally in Latin it meant that too. (btw, I'm not Spanish native, I'm Catalan native ;) )

Lol-my friend switched from spanish to french, and she had heard another student using a word that sounded like a word "kiss" in spanish (I forget what it is) so she used it to write a sentence, but it turned out it meant f*ck. LOL she didn't get in trouble but it was funny.

will

D

Deleted member 8382

Nope, Castellano and Spanish are the same thing, Catalan is a different language. People in south-america don't even want to hear the word Spanish because they feel it's like saying the language is from Spain while they also use it there (what a stupidity), and they prefer to call it Castellano. The funny thing is that Castellano comes from Castilla, which is the central region of Spain where the language was "born", but we adopted the word Spanish for all the country for the same reason, it's also spoken outside Castilla so let's call it Spanish. So at the end it's just even more stupid lol.

Catalan however comes from Catalonia which is the Spanish region in which I live, and the language evolved from Latin separately from the Spanish, in some way Spanish is much more influenced by the Murims that invaded the country during 700 years because they were in Catalonia much less years. This is why people who speak Catalan understand Italian, French and all the other latin languages much better than people who only speaks Spanish, including English. We are educated in both languages here but I use Catalan at home. However most of the Spanish people believe Catalan is a threat for the "Spanish integrity" and the language, so usually most of the people outside Spain don't even know what this is ¬¬

Catalan language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia